New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B2 receives IP, doesn't connect.

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
novis

B2 receives IP, doesn't connect.

Post by novis »

I had to do some rewiring of my network and unplugged everything from my router. After which B2 didn't come online anymore.. The router shows an IP for it and the correct MAC-address, but ping command says "Destination Host Unreachable" and ssh "No route to host".

I've tried both lan ports, tried the rescue system, also as last ditch effort I tried re-installing everything.. to no use.

So what gives? :? Is the network chipset busted? ..or what. The B2 is around 5years old..

I have netwjork pico wlan usb thingy.. can I use that to network?

Hälp!
Ubi

Re: B2 receives IP, doesn't connect.

Post by Ubi »

So you meddled with your wires and network topology, and at the exact same time the b2 stopped responding, yet you are convinced the problem is because at that exact moment the b2 fried its mobo.

I would tend to blame the rewiring. You know, Occams razor and all.
novis

Post by novis »

well..yeah. since everything else seemed to be working, my first assumption was to blame the machine that didn't respond right.. but as it turns out, the router was to blame. after some flashing and booting all's well.. so.. there we are. moving on.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »