New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

[solved] new B3 not accessible (booted but no ping)

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
evaluation

[solved] new B3 not accessible (booted but no ping)

Post by evaluation »

Hi,

I just bought a B3-2000 and cannot get contact to the device.
The B3 booted successfully (few seconds lila then constant blue light).

I tried the following:
1) connect B3 (via switch) to my fritzbox using a network cable which previously was connected to another computer with good connection
dfritzbox shows no B3 (only already known devices)

2) connect laptop (configured to get IP via DHCP) directly to B3 (using LAN and WAN resp.; cross and nocross)
laptop gets no IP from B3

3) connect laptop with static IP 192.168.10.99 with B3 (cross and nocross)
ping 192.168.10.1 no response

4) wireshark on laptop with B3 connected
I see many packets from my Laptop but no packet from B3 at all

I then directly connected the hdd with a linux and mounted the first partition in order to have a look at /var/log/* but there are no helpful files.

What can I do?
Is there something I could change in the EXT-Partition to force B3 to use the network?
Would it be a good idea to configure a fixed IP?

In my ubuntu linux I configured sth. like the following.
Could this help (of cause a different IP for B3)?
Is the syntax valid for B3?

Thanks in advance
Eva

Code: Select all

/etc/network/interfaces:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.113
gateway 192.168.0.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.0.1
broadcast 192.168.0.255
dns-nameservers 192.168.0.1
Last edited by evaluation on 14 Nov 2013, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
johannes

Re: new B3 not accessible (booted but no ping)

Post by johannes »

Hi, I suppose your fritzbox is set to hand out IP's to your home equipment? The B3 is in "auto" network mode when shipped and will ask a DHCP server for an IP upon boot. I assume your fritzbox is set to give IP's in the 192.168.0 adress range since your PC is set to a static IP in that range?

To me it sounds as the B3 does not work as it should. Contact support@excito.com and we'll send you a replacement unit.

Best Regards,
/Johannes (Excito)
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
evaluation

Re: new B3 not accessible (booted but no ping)

Post by evaluation »

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I managed to solve the issue using a recovery image. After USB stick recovery (no partition and format) all works fine.

see URL wiki.excito.org/wiki/index.php/Re-installing_your_Bubba_Server_/_Bubba2_/_B3#What_if_I_don.27t_want_to_delete_all_my_user_data.3F.C2.A0

Note: Before I tried to get access to the system following the instructions of "install stick as a manual recue system". This did not work for me.
URL wiki.excito.org/wiki/index.php/Re-installing_your_Bubba_Server_/_Bubba2_/_B3#Using_the_install_stick_as_a_manual_rescue_system

Greetings
Eva

P.S.: sorry for the textual URLs but the forum seems not to allow new users to post directly usable URLs.