New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Access root folder on Mac

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
melmac

Access root folder on Mac

Post by melmac »

I have a B3 wifi as router in my home network. When I'm on a Windows computer I can see the Bubba as a network unit called BUBBA. Accessing the BUBBA will bring me to the root and I can see the home-folder and the storage-folder.

On my Mac, I can't reach the home-folder. I have to enter username and password for a specific user and only reaches that user's home directory. This means that I can't find a way to reach the web-folder from my Mac.

So the question is; how can I reach the web-folder in a smooth way when working on my Mac?
Ubi

Re: Access root folder on Mac

Post by Ubi »

do command-K in finder to add a network drive. Then enter

Code: Select all

smb://192.168.0.10
or whatever the IP of your bubba is.

You can do it via AFP too, but it does not work nearly as well as SMB mounting for some strange reason.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

I don't own a Mac, but I do have some vague memories reading that the share definitions are different for AFP versus SMB. Shouldn't be too much of an issue to add more shares, but that will require shell access because the Bubba admin pages have no support for this.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

this is true, but the issue is that the AFP flags change for each version of OSX and they are a royal pain to get right, because there is no documentation to speak of. Also there are no added benefits of AFP at all, but instead you get these crappy .DS_Store folders *everywhere*.

In a mixed environment, there is no reason not to mount SMB .
melmac

Post by melmac »

Using smb instead of afp solved my issue. Tanks.
toukie

Post by toukie »

Go to /etc/bubba/AppleVolumes.default and change back to how it was in earlier version (the line you have to change is at the bottom):

/home/ "User share" cnidscheme:dbd dbpath:/var/lib/netatalk allow:@users rwlist:@users fperm:0644 dperm:0755

In version 2.6 you have this: /home/$u/ "User share for $u" cnidscheme:dbd dbpath:/var/lib/netatalk/$v allow:@users rwlist:@users fperm:0644 dperm:0755

I had the same problem and this was the solution.