New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Red led at B3 won't turn blue

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
LarsH

Red led at B3 won't turn blue

Post by LarsH »

Hello
I had to turn off the B3 by unplugging the power cable since it wouldn't turn off. After this it won't start properly the led wont turn blue and I can't access it through the browser or "My computer" What should I do to repair this ?
Ubi

Re: Red led at B3 won't turn blue

Post by Ubi »

how long did you wait? If the disk is large then the rebuild (required because you pulled the plug) can take an hour or more.
LarsH

Post by LarsH »

Hello again
I red your answer and restarted it. This time I waited for several hours and now it works !! Thank you for the instruction.
Perhaps it is possible to solve another problem:
It has happened several times that I have to unplug the power cable. Before the latest upgrade I had found out that if I had a fixed IP number (I set this in the confuguration of Wan in B3) then it worked without any problem.
After the latest upgrade the problem was back again. It worked only for a couple of hours then I couldn't reach the B3 again and I was not able to restart it unless by unplugging the power cable. After this I have tried to set a fixed Ip number in B3, in the router and finally both in B3 and in the router and still the same problem occurs. Is there anyting else I could try to do and see if it work ?
johannes

Post by johannes »

So you experience a total hang, pressing the button (for 5+ seconds) does nothing? This is strange and unusual, and I would suspect hardware failure. If you want to you are welcome to send it to us for fixup. Contact support@excito.com for instructions.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
LarsH

Post by LarsH »

I will do that, thankyou.