New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Problems upgrading to 2.6.0.1

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
jonix

Post by jonix »

Hi,

Long text lost in autologout from this forum. I take that as an indication for me writing too much. So, a bit shorter:

apt-get dist-upgrade failed when reaching bubba-album, so trying the web updater;
Reseting the mysql root password so the software updater accepts it, i.e. to nothing. But,

Code: Select all

Failed to access MySQL with default root login, unable to continue with upgrade
When starting the upgrade the mysql.log says root is there and set autocommit=0, but after having fetched some files the updater eventually crashes.

What is then the "default root login" for the updater? It is obviously not only root@localhost. That one works at least from the command line.

By the way, the web interface says 6.2.0.1 is installed. /etc/bubba.version says 2.5.1.2.

Thanks,
Johan
Ubi

Re: Problems upgrading to 2.6.0.1

Post by Ubi »

This issue has been discussed hundreds of times on this forum. Please have a look there first.
jonix

Post by jonix »

Ubi wrote:This issue has been discussed hundreds of times on this forum. Please have a look there first.
Oh, sorry for asking then.

I spent half a day trying to figure out what to do with the php5 exploit and what to do with the bubba-album upgrade failure and then it just became too much with this root-without-password is not-enough-root-without-password thing.

So, It has been discussed hundreds of times. I guess that means it can't be solved, so i immediately resign trying to use the web update thing.

J.
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

What Ubi meant is that the message means that you have changed the MySQL password. This means you have to update using SSH and enter your MySQL password when prompted.
jonix

Post by jonix »

Yes, got that.
But I don't understand why the web updater complains and refuses to complete when I have restored the password to <nothing> and mysql accepts database operations, at least on the mysql database, for root without giving a password. So for me the question is still open, what is the "default root login" for the web based updater?
Nrde

Post by Nrde »

jonix wrote:Yes, got that.
But I don't understand why the web updater complains and refuses to complete when I have restored the password to <nothing>
Does it ask for the password if you do update from command line? Maybe it still asks for it, meaning you did not restore the DB stuff to exactly what it was?