New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

500 Gb expansion chokes wifi

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Hammer

500 Gb expansion chokes wifi

Post by Hammer »

Hi,

I got the 500 Gb expansion disk and mounted it to the B3, which made the wifi unusable.
Extremely slow and with a super high but fluctuating latency.
Measuring against Bredbandskollen I got under 1 Mbit download speed and kbits in upload. (I have a 100 Mbit fiber.)

I removed the expansion and it all started working normally again. Repeated a week later, same problem.

Has anyone experienced this?
Any solution?

Might also mention that the antennas on the B3 have always been quite loose on the unit. Some fabrication flaw.

//Hammer
Gordon

Re: 500 Gb expansion chokes wifi

Post by Gordon »

My guess would be that the expansion disk (and/or related cabling and power supply) is somehow emitting radio signals. You might want to have a look at this topic, discussing ferrite beads in cables.

You could also try to change the channel on your Wifi and see if that solves the noise from whatever is transmitting.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Thanks Gordon.

I do find it rather odd that the two Bubba products don't work together as designed.
The Bubba Storage should *really* not disturb the wifi of the B3...
And the supplied esata cable is too short to put it in another location.

I will see if I can find some way to insulate the damned storage unit :evil:

/Hammer
johannes

Post by johannes »

You are right and we have tested this, so something has to be broken somewhere. If you'd like you can send the storage and B3 to us and we can check it out (and fix it)?
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)