New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

syslog errors

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
newbee

syslog errors

Post by newbee »

Hi,
pretty new to debian and i have been messing around abit with my b3.. Igot some scripts running and got homeautomation working just fine on my b3.

however when checking syslog its getting spammed with these messages (see attached jpg file), i guess it has some negative impact on my system perfromance.. any idea how to get this resolved? (not sure if this is the right forum...) any help is apriciated.

(forum script state it was to spamy for a new user so i had to make it a jpg (text file was not accepted :))

many thanks!
//newbee
Attachments
syslog.jpg
syslog.jpg (344 KiB) Viewed 21347 times
Gordon

Re: syslog errors

Post by Gordon »

Hi,

These appear to be messages from the easyfind service; a dynamic DNS system that Excito has set up for us B3 users (<yourname>.myownb3.com). You can search the forum for tips and tricks on this service or just disable the it if you're not using easyfind.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Shouldn't be getting these errors though. I just checked my system and I've been getting them since February 1st. I think this has been posted before and it was caused by a DB outage at Excito but I might be making that up.
johannes

Post by johannes »

I haven't seen this before, will try to check up tomorrow.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Ah... The image got truncated in my browser, so I actually didn't see those error messages. Just that the messages came from twisted...

I do note that the top message states "connection lost" though. Could the web service have been down for some time? I just verified and it appears to be running now.
newbee

Post by newbee »

Still same issue. Thanks all for taking time to help me. Ill do som testing tonight
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Still getting the errors here.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi all,

I am experiencing the same syslog & userlog problem as you guys do. I actually wrote a new post on an old thread just some hour ago asking for help, search for "Easyfind Bubba3 Twisted: No JSON object could be decoded" (sorry, cannot link URLs as a new user).

Br,
Tom
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

I ran an altered version of the easyfind script, which provides me more verbosity, earlier today and what I'm seeing looks like proper JSON to me. I also do not get any errors that resemble what you guys are seeing. The problem therefore seems unrelated to the easyfind server itself.

Maybe you're having a DNS related issue? Can you state what IP address easyfind.excito.org refers to?
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

For me it's resolving to 109.74.2.52. Full disclosure; I am using opendns.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

That's the correct address. Weird. It would have made more sense if that would have said something like 172.0.0.2, which is what they often do with sites that are somehow considered bad or illegal.
johannes

Post by johannes »

ok, should be solved now, we had a disk full on a server. Sorry about the downtime!
johannes

Post by johannes »

ok, should be solved now, we had a disk full on a server. Sorry about the downtime!
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Looks like they stopped about 20 minutes ago (09:00 UK time) for me.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi,
Yes, same here, jolly good!
Tom