New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

network-problem

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
toukie

network-problem

Post by toukie »

I have B3 now behind a router on LAN with static IP settings (Server only mode)
What kind of settings would give me access to B3 from the internet. I can ping my domain from B3 but I get in only locally by b3.local. Port forwarding on the router is done and works with the other computer(s) on the same LAN.
Ubi

Re: network-problem

Post by Ubi »

Nothing needs to be done on the B3. The problem you describe must be solved in the router.
One thing you can do is install iptraf on the B3 to monitor network connections. These show up even if they are later blocked by firewalls or config files. If you do not see a connection appear after testing from an outside connection, then the issue is in the router
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

My guess would be that the default gateway is set incorrectly on the B3. This would lead to the B3 actually receiving the incoming traffic, but not knowing how to route the response to any address outside of the local IP range.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

ah yes, I missed the "static IP address settings" remark. good call.
toukie

Post by toukie »

Thanks for advice, iptraf is nice monitoring tool. Resetting the router solved the problem.