New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Home disk full, but not...

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
spaceuser

Home disk full, but not...

Post by spaceuser »

Hi!
Suddenly I couldn't receive/send any more mail on my B3 with a 2TB disk. Then I run a, "df -h" command, and it showed no bytes left on /home partition. I started deleting files and moving files from my profile at /home/lars, about 300GB was moved to one of my attached USB drives. A new run of "df -h" showed that still no bytes left. I forced a "shutdown -rF now" command to force a fsck at boot, but this morning it still shows no free bytes left on /dev/mapper/bubba-storage which is mounted on /home. Please see attached picture.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Tia

/Lars
Attachments
df-h.png
df-h.png (20.78 KiB) Viewed 8349 times
Ubi

Re: Home disk full, but not...

Post by Ubi »

What results from

Code: Select all

du -sh /home/*
?
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Can you confirm that the files were actually deleted from their original location? And did you also check Lost+Found? I've read about a file system bug once that would cause 'rm' to fail if the disk was completely full. A suggested workaround was to truncate files first by running 'echo> file_to_delete' and then delete them once you've freed enough disk space. Let us know if that works for you.
spaceuser

Post by spaceuser »

I did delete a big folder of data, using "rm -rf downloads/MyBigFolder", and after that I now have about 55GB free area left. I can't understand why my yesterdays move (using midnight commander, mc) of a big number of files, didn't let me free up some diskspace, but I'm glad that I have that now.

Thanks for all input on this.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

did you verify that those files were actually gone after the move? If not, could it be that you did an F5 (copy) instead of F6 (move)?