New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Unable to access B3 - advice please

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
redw0001

Unable to access B3 - advice please

Post by redw0001 »

Hi,

Sometime today we had a fault on the powerline which resulted in an MCB tripping in my house. I've come home tonight to find I cannot get a response from my B3. I've tried web access, ssh and ping all fail.
ping: Request timeout
ssh:
web: times out on page
In desperation I've tried ftp as well, connection timed out.

Can anyone suggest a way I can get access to see the console or suggest an alternative approach? Obviously with no web or ssh access I cant get to the logs :(
I could swap the hard drive from the B3 to the Bubba2 if the OS would boot there?

Whilst I have a backup on my Bubba2 it is probably not as recent as it should be.

robin
redw0001

Re: Unable to access B3 - advice please

Post by redw0001 »

OK, apologies, I think I found the problem following some additional information from another member of the household. Looks like the outage fried the Gb port on my router that connects to a 16port GbE switch the B3 is on. Moving the switch to a 100Mb port seems to have sorted the problem. The clue was wireless internet access worked but not wired and no access to the B3 (it is only wired to the switch). Time for a rethink.

robin
Ubi

Re: Unable to access B3 - advice please

Post by Ubi »

...and for a ups :D