New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

New Hard Drive for Bubba 2 (B2)

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
beatgr

Post by beatgr »

I have reached the capacity of my reliable B2, SO it is time to upgrade the Hard Drive.

2, 3 and 4 TB hard drives are readily available from Western Digital (now color coded).
What is the best choice for:
"Color type" (Green, Red, Black) and Size (2, 3 or 4 TB) given the B2 hardware configuration?

g. beat
chicago
usa
Ubi

Re: New Hard Drive for Bubba 2 (B2)

Post by Ubi »

The red is your best option. It uses less power than the green and is better suited for the usage (look for other threads in this forum). The black is for datacenters only as it requires active cooling to survive.
beatgr

Post by beatgr »

The hard drive limit for Bubba 2 (B2) is 2 TB ???

greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

That is reasonable to assume, yes. Support for higher capacity disks will no doubt require a new uboot and it will be far from simple to create one with the proper settings applied and make it work at the first attempt. You probably don't want to risk it.
beatgr

Post by beatgr »

I installed a new Western Digital 2TB RED (NAS) hard drive, part number: WD20EFRX
then installed (and updated) the Bubba 2 image.

Appears to be working fine, now with 4 times the storage !
I noticed that the WD hard drive is quieter and cooler (40-42 degrees C) in operation.

g. beat
w9gb