New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Applied 3TB fix on my B3 w 2 TB disk. Now I can't access

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
spaceuser

Applied 3TB fix on my B3 w 2 TB disk. Now I can't access

Post by spaceuser »

I may have missunderstod the install of the 3TB fix at http://wiki.excito.org/wiki/index.php/U ... _3TB_disks. I thought the fix would be backwards compatible. So I booted my B3 on a USB stick, as the link above is describing. After that I boot it up. The LED turns blue, so it seems to have booted ok, but I can't access it. Not via webinterface nor directly via ssh. I removed the power again, and have now removed the B3 2TB disk, hoping that I didn't damage anything when installing the fix.

I connected the old B3 2TB disk drive on SATA1 connector on an old PC, and an new fresh and empty 4TB disk on the SATA2 connector. I booted the PC using Clonezilla on a USB stick. I then started a disk-to-disk copy, but it tells me that it fails copying on the first partition. Instead of stop right there, the copy process continues with the copy of partition 2 and 3. It could take some 50-60 hours before finish.

So what do you guys think? Could I have damage my old 2 TB drive by first installing the fix? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
johannes

Re: Applied 3TB fix on my B3 w 2 TB disk. Now I can't access

Post by johannes »

The fix is backwards compatible, and no, installing the fix does not touch the disk, this install happens on flash memory. My guess is that your issue is unrelated to that install. So re-plug the 2 TB disk and try again. Does the LED turn blue? Does the B3 take an IP from your router? What happens if you try to connect to that IP?
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
spaceuser

Post by spaceuser »

johannes wrote:The fix is backwards compatible, and no, installing the fix does not touch the disk, this install happens on flash memory. My guess is that your issue is unrelated to that install. So re-plug the 2TB disk and try again. Does the LED turn blue? Does the B3 take an IP from your router? What happens if you try to connect to that IP?
I need to admit that I possibly could have entered the network cable into the WAN connection instead of the LAN connection, I'm not sure, since I can now boot with my older 2TB disk. Thanks for clarify that the fix don't change anything on disk and is backwards compatible.

Thanks
johannes

Post by johannes »

Nice! :)
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)