New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Is Easyfind down?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Ubi

Re: Is Easyfind down?

Post by Ubi »

If you do not type exactly what you did and what the responses were I'mnot going to bother reading it.
kruemelprinz

Post by kruemelprinz »

Ubi wrote:If you do not type exactly what you did and what the responses were I'mnot going to bother reading it
I did not know that I would have to state exactly what I did in every post. I have previously mentioned detailed what I tried and Gordon made a suggestion that I was just answering upon.

As you previously mentioned yourself, this does not seem to be an easyfind problem, so I guess a new thread somewhere else would be more suitable. You do not need to bother.

I am grateful for the answers I got here because they helped me understand that my B3 and easyfind seem to work, so now I have to check the rest of the network setup, including that damn Thomson gateway...
OlivierC

Post by OlivierC »

For me it still does not work.

for a few days, it worked well. (see my previous post).

I haven't changed anything in the configuration of my B3.

I can successfully update Easyfind from the web GUI.

I receive "Update successfull" message from the B3.

but i can't access my B3 with Easyfind url from the outside.

Network Profile:
Router + Firewall + Server

WAN:
Use static IP address settings
Default gateway & Primary DNS = IP address of DSL modem.

I have read previous posts from the beginning.

Should i start a new topic if i'm the only one to have problems?
_erwin_

Post by _erwin_ »

Its probably a DNS propagation problem. Use for example mooo.com and see how this propagates to different name servers. Use a global DNS propagation checker for your easyfind address and e.g your mooo.com address and compare.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Please start a new topic on this. If you get 'update siccessful' or something like that then the easyfind code is not the problem here
OlivierC

Post by OlivierC »

@_erwin_
Thanks for global DNS propagation checker suggestion

I have used
https://www.whatsmydns.net

current IP address found for all servers located in USA
most of servers located in Europe but not all

My country ISP Orange (brand of France Telecom) don't have a record for my current myown3.com name.

Found HowTo to switch from my ISP DNS to google DNS related to my DSL modem:
http://howto-computer-tips.blogspot.fr/ ... omson.html

Wait half a tick, refresh browser and :) .
B3 now reachable from the WAN side with myownB3.com address. :D
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

This is something that should be addressed though. It just seems there is something wrong with the glue records in the myownb3.com domain that these ISPs don't carry it anymore. Do you have the name server IPs?
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Well, RIPE tells me the PTR records of the name servers were not reflective of the forward records. My guess is this is a quirk from powerDNS which does not understand bind-host. Anyway, I changed the reverse records to match the forward records. .

EDIT: I ran a few hostnames over https://www.whatsmydns.net and now I get a 100% return. Please verify
dakkar

Post by dakkar »

Hi,

I also have problem with easyfind. When I update (set up) easyfind in web GUI, I got message "update successfull" and it works for a few hours. But after some time I cannot access my B3 by browser by typing *.myownb3.com. I can't also connect it by ssh. I have to update easyfind in web GUI again, but after few hours it stops working again.

Where might be the problem?
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

Ubi wrote:EDIT: I ran a few hostnames over https://www.whatsmydns.net and now I get a 100% return. Please verify
Now everything seems OK for me too. Good news !
OlivierC

Post by OlivierC »

Except one server located in Russia and one server located in Pakistan,
* maybe Russia and Pakistan hit by extreme cold snap and heavy snow :?:

IP Address of myownb3.com domain name successfully found.

Thanks Ubi solving the issue.