New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

new install after backruptcy

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Puma

new install after backruptcy

Post by Puma »

Hello,

I know that I still can use an old stick with 2.4.1 image to reinstall my bubbas and that I can update online to 2.6.0.2 and it works.
Now excito has gone backrupt we have the backup files/update still online and backup by Ubi (thanks man :D )
But can I make a installer file on USB stick of complete fresh install of 2.6.0.2.
Or use a stick with 2.4.1 and the update files on other stick or external disc where from I can update to 2.6.0.2?
Or perhaps better to create an image of a new fresh install?

Or should we all opt for a new operating system as ARCH??

What do you guys see as the best option for the future?

Puma
Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!
Binkem

Re: new install after backruptcy

Post by Binkem »

Hi Puma,

Great idea to update the installer image.

I think that for the general public there should be an installer which incorporates the full B3 funcionality (Web page administration). So long as this cannot be ported to a newer Linux version we should provide an install image of the latest and probably final version (2.6.0.2). If people want to play with Arch or indeed whatever distribution they should also be able to do their own installing, though I wouldn't mind having a complete working Arch install image (I'm far too lazy to try it all out myself and my family would object to having my B3 off-line for a longer period.

Martijn
Gordon

Re: new install after backruptcy

Post by Gordon »

As described HERE you can create your own personal install image from your current setup. Regretfully I don't really know how to completely depersonalize it, so I can't create an install image for general use from this.