New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Can´t connect to my B3 by typing b3..

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Marcus

Can´t connect to my B3 by typing b3..

Post by Marcus »

I just changed my ISP and got a new router with good performance, so i decided to change my WIFI B3 from the router mode to server only. My problem is that I cant find it if I type B3 in the browser, but if i use the IP number I find it. It´s the same symptom if I want to map a drive in the windows explorer.

Any sugestions?

/Marcus
lymon

Re: Can´t connect to my B3 by typing b3..

Post by lymon »

you could add it to your host file on your windows PC (\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host)

example:

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.100.15 B3

(change the ip-address to the correct ip-address of the B3 in your situation)
Gordon

Re: Can´t connect to my B3 by typing b3..

Post by Gordon »

Did you set a fixed IP on your B3? If you did, then your new router which will be DHCP and DNS for your local network won't know about it and consequently not return an IP if you query that name. Adding it to the hosts file on your workstation is one option to circumvent the problem, the better option is to add the B3 address as a static address in your router. You'll need to search the manual for that particular router whether you can add it directly as a static DNS entry or that it needs to request a DHCP address which can be given a fixed assignment.