New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

How do I change max active downloads in downloader?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
86ivar

How do I change max active downloads in downloader?

Post by 86ivar »

I wonder if there is some way to alter the max active downloads settings. Right now I think it is max 2 or something. Whe the active torrents is not downloading due to no peers I want the downloader to start downloading the other ones.
Anyone had luck installing Transmission on B2 by the way?
Gordon

Re: How do I change max active downloads in downloader?

Post by Gordon »

I have done it on a B3. The steps should be similar.

You can try install `transmission-daemon` from the repository and see if that works for you. If you want a newer version then you should read this thread where I explained what I did to get version 2.77 running.
86ivar

Post by 86ivar »

Ahh, I think I installed transmission and not transmission-daemon last time. I never got it to work.
Now it is working, thank you! :D

Edit: I was trying to set the password by commanding transmission-daemon -v --password. However this is not the password for the web interface cause that never changed even I restarted the daemon. I edited the settings.json file in /etc/transmission-daemon but that file is rewritten everytime I restart the daemon.
Did you solve this issue?
wm.bubba

Post by wm.bubba »

You need to stop transmission running before you edit the settings.json file, using

/etc/init.d/transmission-daemon stop

now make your changes to settings.json, and restart the daemon, using

/etc/init.d/transmission-daemon start