New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Location of Bubba Mail Files

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
saxman

Location of Bubba Mail Files

Post by saxman »

I have been using my machine as an e-mail server to receive e-mails quite some time. Unfortunately, I am having some issues which we makes me think I will need to move to a different machine. One of the things I want to backup is my existing e-mail files.

Everything I understand about the way the e-mail server is configured made me expect that all the e-mail files would be held under the home directory of my user in the ~/Mail directory. However, when I look at this directory all I can see is what appears to be just those files that corresponds to the e-mails in my inbox. I have lots of other e-mails in other mail folders, but try as I might I cannot locate where these files are kept.

Could anyone give me an explanation of exactly where e-mail files are held on Bubba?

I am using a standard setup so wouldn't expect there to be anything special. Note that I can see all my e-mails as expected if I look in the horde web interface or when I access it through an e-mail client, so in that sense everything appears to be okay. Thankyou.
Gordon

Re: Location of Bubba Mail Files

Post by Gordon »

Your original assumption is correct: all emails do reside in ~/Mail. The reason why you can't see your mail folders is because they are hidden directories.

Tip: you can also move your emails to the new server using your email application. Simply add the new account/server and drag the emails from the old server to the new one.