New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Q: Update B2 with LVM over 3 HDDs?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
sm4vlm

Q: Update B2 with LVM over 3 HDDs?

Post by sm4vlm »

After years of good service I wanted to try wordpress om my bubba and realised that my B2 haven't been updated to latest releases... Actually realised (sadly) a whole bunch of things regarding Excito!

So I have looked at the update instructions, how to take my B2 from 2.0.xx to the latest USB image and I miss one piece of information.

The instruction state that external HD should be disconnected if you run a raid-set but in my case I have
two externel eSATA HDDs expanding the LVM to all three drives.

How do I manage my update?
----------------------------------------------
- Disconnect HDDs and boot from USB and connect after update?
- Boot with the USB-image with the external HDDs connected?

//sm4vlm
johannes

Re: Q: Update B2 with LVM over 3 HDDs?

Post by johannes »

Updating past B2 version 2 requires a fresh install, which means it wipes everything. The way to go is to remove the disks, freshly install the B2 system, then update to the latest release (2.6.something) and then attach the two disks and expand the LVM to those disks.

Just a friendly warning, these operations (with three disks) has probably not been tested with 2.6 on B2, so I cannot 100% guarantee it works. It should, but if you have bad luck you might need to do some manual work to get the final pieces in place.

Good luck!
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)