New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Easyfind: what is the road map for this service?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
stasheck

Re: Easyfind: what is the road map for this service?

Post by stasheck »

Guys, 'jotkwadrat' is the friend I've setup a B3 for. It's brand new, bought from iBood some time prior to Excito demise. Just installed the software from pendrive and upgraded it via GUI.

Anything you need me to change?
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Don't think so. It appears to have been some glitch on the server, causing it to return someone else's data instead of what was requested. It was okay afterwards.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

yeah its really quite strange. The logic on the server end is rather straightforward so the whole observation doesnt make sense, except the logs clearly show it happened. Gordon, how difficult doe you think it will be to make the client also transfer the requested hostname on updates?
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

I'd have to look into that. Remember that there are two clients: the perl script used by the web admin interface and the python twistd script used by the bubba-easyfind service.

I'm quite certain that the perl script already contains this logic. However, this is for setting or updating your easyfind name. IMO chances are high that if I start transmitting my registered easyfind name as part of the update call, the server will respond that the name is already taken.

Server side one would have to take into account that not all users run the latest software version, so you would still need to support the old method that only sends mac0 and key.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

this should be fixible, currently the server has separate logic to handle JSON objects with two items (for updates) and 4 (for add/delete). Adding some code to make the code backwards compatible (basically just a check if the requested secret and dns are the same as the one instore, and not complain if they do) should be transparant.