New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

No Softwareupdate after Reinstall possible

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
CivilizedMan

No Softwareupdate after Reinstall possible

Post by CivilizedMan »

Hello,

I reinstalled the Software of my B3.
Everything seemed to be fine but when I tried to make an Software Update, this was not possible:
"No functional Internet connection was found" was the message.

The B3 is connected with my EasyBox per Lan (directly). When I login to my EasyBox I can see which devices are connected, but the B3 is not in the list.

Can I do anything about this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
stasheck

Re: No Softwareupdate after Reinstall possible

Post by stasheck »

Are you able to login to B3's CLI interface (SSH)? If so, can you try to ping your gateway?
CivilizedMan

Post by CivilizedMan »

Thanks for your answer.

Im sorry but i do not understand what you mean.

I thought SSH is only necessary if you want to access the B3 from outside your own network. But I do not want that.

I want to use the B3 only in my Home network for Backups.

This morning I started the B3 and the Software Update did work! But after I started the B3 new, I have the same problem again. Now I have the Software Version 2.6.0.2, which I think is the newest Version?

But I want Software Updates work for future Updates.

Stasheck, perhaps you can tell me more specific (for a beginner) what I Should do?
stasheck

Post by stasheck »

I was asking about SSH because it is the quickest way to troubleshoot what is wrong with the device.

Can you explain in more detail how are you connecting your B3 to the internet, and which network profile you are using? (Automatic or Server)?