New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 log in not working

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
yongson

B3 log in not working

Post by yongson »

Dear all,
I am rather new to the B3 system. I haven't used it a lot and unfortunately I now cannot login to my B3 anymore. I can connect to the web client and when I enter an invalid user + password combination it does notify me. However, every time I enter the correct user and password it will not log me in. In fact, it seems as if nothing is happening at all except that the log in pop up disappears.

I am connected via LAN and try to access via google chrome. I also noticed that the b3 server does not show in the finder on my mac. I also tried to access via a windows computer which does not work either.

Do you have any ideas what might be the issue here?
Thanks in advance!
Gordon

Re: B3 log in not working

Post by Gordon »

It can be a browser conflict as well. Or a problem with the bubba-admin service. You could try rebooting the B3 and see if that fixes your issue. If possible try another browser as well.

If both don't work, you could try to find the error that is thrown while attempting to log on and we can work from there. Regretfully, if there are errors the codeigniter framework will hide those by instantly overwriting them. You can however use wireshark (or some other network monitor) to view the raw packages. You may need to perform an additional step here if the errors occur within php itself, because the system is configured not to display those at all. Log into the B3 with an ssh client and become root (`su` - if you never did that before the default password is 'excito'). Change directory to /usr/share/web-admin/admin and edit (`nano`) the file index.php. At the top of that file, change the value of 'ENVIRONMENT' from 'production' to 'development'. Exit (^X) and save the file. The web admin will now output php errors as well, some of them clearly visible in boxed frames but you will still need wireshark to catch them all.
yongson

Post by yongson »

Thank you for your help! I tried to login via ssh. I cannot login with my standard user.

error message on first try
This account is currently not available.
Connection to 192.168.1.19 closed.

error message on second try
Last login: Thu Sep 3 21:56:22 2015 from 192.168.1.17
This account is currently not available.
Connection to 192.168.1.19 closed.

I also cannot login as admin. although i entered the correct password it shows (password was correct in first line.

yongsons-Mac-mini:~ yongson$ ssh admin@192.168.1.19
Password:
Password:
Password:
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

ssh login is not enabled by default for users; it has to be done in the web interface... The only way for you is boot the rescue system following http://wiki.excito.com/w/index.php?title=Rescue_System , ssh in as root, mount your filesystem and enable the user from there.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Rereading your first post, you appear to be having multiple issues at the same time. You should grab yourself a rescue stick and edit the ini file on it not to run install. If you don't already own one, I suggest you use Sakaki's Live USB instead. Boot the B3 from the USB stick by keeping the rear button depressed while plugging in the power cord.

When ssh-ing into the B3, your first job should be to verify disk space on /dev/sda1. My bet is that it will be completely filled up and the likely reason is that you have cron jobs failing and there are tens of thousands of emails in root's email folder.
yongson

Post by yongson »

Hi, it has been a while and I would like to take another attempt to get my B3 up and running again. I will get a boot stick next weekend. However, last time I worked with a console it was on MS DOS.

Can you please post some commands to verify disk space, to find the email folder in root and to delete those emails (if needed). Thank you in advance!
yongson

Post by yongson »

Good news! A friend of mine fixed my B3. The hd was full as you expected. There were 8.1 gb ob thumbs of my pictures in some directory in the boot drive.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Sorry about missing your earlier post. Good to hear you got it sorted.