New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Can't boot, reinstall or use rescue usb

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
kitofr

Can't boot, reinstall or use rescue usb

Post by kitofr »

I can't contact my b3. I've tried to create a usb disk using the instructions, which I can't post due to this forum stupid restrictions.
The B3 boots with a green lamp, but just after a couple of seconds it turns purple and boots into blue.
It wont request a new ip-address from my router, and hence not reachable on b3/b3.local.

I honestly don't know how to debug this.
I've tried to connect both the LAN and WAN port to my router or directly to my computer, but nothing.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Cheers,
Kristoffer
Last edited by kitofr on 14 Feb 2016, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
MouettE
Site admin

Re: Can't boot, reinstall or use resque usb

Post by MouettE »

kitofr wrote:... which I can't post due to this forum stupid restrictions
What exactly are you trying to post ?
kitofr wrote:The B3 boots with a green lamp, but just after a couple of seconds it turns purple and boots into blue.
That means that the b3 does not recognise the key. The best instruction set on how to create a install key and boot on rescue system are on the wiki. Can you confirm that it's what you did ?
kitofr

Post by kitofr »

Hey MouettE.

Yes I tried to post a link to the wiki, but apparently your're not allowed to post links to sites outside the forum.excito.com domain as a newb. :evil:

However, I used a similar link from the wiki, wiki.excito.com/w/index.php?title=Re-installing_your_Bubba_Server_/_Bubba2_/_B3

but I'll try yours and see if that works.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Do note that not all USB devices may be recognized by the u-boot environment. Up to USB-2 8GiB should be safe to use but even then you might have more luck by using another one.
kitofr

Re: Can't boot, reinstall or use rescue usb

Post by kitofr »

Ok, found an old excito usb in my drawer and that worked with some fresh b3 files :)
Great success. Now I just need to upgrade my b3 to something decent so that I can install some new packages etc.