New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

can't open auth.log from webinterface

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
jinsu

can't open auth.log from webinterface

Post by jinsu »

Hi there.

I love my B3 but it has some troubles, viewing auth.log and syslog from webinterface. i also tried to change the ownerschip to adm(group) admin(user) with +rwx in ssh. but result stays the same -.-
When i copy the file from var/log to home/ i can open it via windows explorer and read by browser. Do you have any sugestions, why i cant open the two logs per b3 webinterface? other logs are readable without any troubles. Or could a bug cause all this? :(

would be thankfull for help and i hope, my english isn't that bad ^^
jinsu

Re: can't open auth.log from webinterface

Post by jinsu »

so, i just reinstalled my old bubba 2.4.1.1 via usb stick with moddet cfg file in the installation folder on the usb stick. so the 'storage' and 'web' folder would'nt be formatted. otherwise my hole backups would be gone ^^

so under that version i could open syslog and auth.log on webinterface without any problems. well right now the b3 has finished his updates from server so i'll wait curious wether the upgrade is affekting the problem of not allowing me to open syslog or auth.log.

now, my b3 finished restarting, i can still read the logfiles without any problems. :| silly me... i dont know what it was.

so if anyone has same problems, a reinstall will do fine ^^