New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Upgrade Logitech Media Server

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Torsten

Upgrade Logitech Media Server

Post by Torsten »

I can not find a way to upgrade the Logitech Media Server (upgrade needed to try support for the new Spotty plugin). Any way to do this on the standard B3 setup?

Or is the alternative to instead use Gordons "Bubbagen live-USB for B3 updated (Linux 4.4.39 LTS - Gentoo stable) + revision Apr 25"?
Gordon

Re: Upgrade Logitech Media Server

Post by Gordon »

Ahum, well... ehhh...

You can at least try. The live USB is non disruptive to your existing installation. It does not mount or write to the internal disk unless you specifically tell it to do so. If it doesn't behave to your liking simply reboot and it will be running the original Bubba OS again. May want to note that Bubbagen contains the latest official LMS - that is 7.8, not the community 7.9 version. Is that okay for the plugin you require?
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

Gordon wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 03:11 Ahum, well... ehhh...
Come on, you did an amazing job it works very well !
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

MouettE wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 14:03
Gordon wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 03:11 Ahum, well... ehhh...
Come on, you did an amazing job it works very well !
Haha. Thx. What I actually meant is that I'm probably the last person one should ask whether it is a good idea to switch to bubbagen. :wink:
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Sorry, but the best programmers are those who are most humble and realistic about their work - so I fully trust your advice on this :-).

I will play around with the live USB and see how it behaves, and yes, you are right, there is a very easy way out if I encounter any issues.

Thank you for the answer and thank you very much for providing bubbagen.