Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 04:24
In the process of trying to fix a boot trouble with my b3 (http://forum.excito.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6416
) at one stage I tried to boot my box in rescue mode using file from http://s429147034.onlinehome.fr/install ... retch-1.1/
I followed the following steps :
- unzip the file on a USB key,
- set up the install/install.ini file (everything is commented)
- plugged the USB key in one of the USB plug
- unplugged every external disks
- plugged the wan ethernet plug on a network segment with a working DHCP server
- push the rear button
- power the box on
- release the rear button as soon as the light went green
Unfortunately I was unable to get the box to start in rescue mode (I waited more than 15 minutes).
Any idea what I did wrong?
- Posts: 1346
- Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 03:18
You probably used an unsupported USB stick. It's a bit tricky to say which ones are supported though, but it's all about the internal chip. As a rule of thumb it needs to be USB2 and its capacity should not exceed 8GB. Most chance of success appears to be with the cheapest possible USB sticks, often also handed out for free as business giveaways.