Re: Debian 10 "Buster"
Posted: 17 Jul 2019, 03:23
It works! With the new kernel /etc/nftables.conf loaded without errors and my wifi and lan traffic is now masqueraded by nftables as they previously were with iptables. Thank you.
For the record, heres how I migrated from legacy iptabes to nftables.
CAVEAT EMPTOR! I'm a complete nftables newbie. Do not blindly copy commands from the internet. If^H^Hwhen something breaks you get to keep both pieces. No refunds!
• install the nftables package
• use the following command to convert your current iptables rules to nftables format.
• verify that the generated nftables rules seems reasonable.
Code: Select all
iptables-save | iptables-restore-translate -f /dev/stdin
• add the output from the command to the file /etc/nftables.conf
• remove all currently active iptables rules, ie iptables -F.
• load the nftables rules, ie systemctl start nftables.
• verify that it works as expected.
• remove whatever script you used to load iptables rules.