New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Disks A PHP Error was encountered

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Moose

Disks A PHP Error was encountered

Post by Moose »

Hi,

my new bubba crashed, since then the following error occurs:

ok, help plz? :)

The failure is obviously somewhere here:

Code: Select all

<?foreach($disks as $disk):?>
<tr>
	<td>
		<?if($disk['formatable']):?>
in the file
./usr/share/web-admin/admin/views/default/disk/disk_view.php

But as my knowledge about PHP is really bad, I can't tell you anything more :).

Thx for help.
Skaven

Re: Disks A PHP Error was encountered

Post by Skaven »

i haw the same problem, 3 mhont ago i talkt to excito support the told my the going to fix this problem but the hawent and sins dat i haw had my bubba 2 tunrnd off

my error

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Filename: controllers/disk.php
Line Number: 209
Line Number: 280
Line Number: 329

Disk information
Filename: disk/disk_view.php
Line Number: 11

error texsten var vig och vit backgrund så jag markerade texsten derför det ser så konstigt ut
Bubba 2 Error
Bubba 2 Error
bubba_errorjpgg.jpg (210.1 KiB) Viewed 8041 times
Moose

Post by Moose »

Tried to do a

bubba:/etc/init.d# apt-get install --reinstall bubba-frontend bubba-backend bubba-horde bubba-diskmanager
Didn't solve the problem …

But, when I entered the web-interface of Bubba, on the console (connected via SSH) that message popped up:

bubba:/etc/init.d# Warning: /dev/sda contains GPT signatures, indicating that it has a GPT table.  However, it does not have a valid fake msdos partition table, as it should.  Perhaps it was corrupted -- possibly by a program that doesn't understand GPT partition tables.  Or perhaps you deleted the GPT table, and are now using an msdos partition table.  Is this a GPT partition table?
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  Failed to retrieve partition from partition table
Warning: /dev/sda contains GPT signatures, indicating that it has a GPT table.  However, it does not have a valid fake msdos partition table, as it should.  Perhaps it was corrupted -- possibly by a program that doesn't understand GPT partition tables.  Or perhaps you deleted the GPT table, and are now using an msdos partition table.  Is this a GPT partition table?
Skaven

Post by Skaven »

i can already now say what ur problem whit the disk is u haw ust ur disk on osx, when u us a disk on osx and made osx file system partion on it u need to do a spisjal format on the disk , because a normal format dount remove the osx partion 100%, this whas my problem so i googeld and finde out the solution, u need a linux computer u can connect the disk to, and do a GPT Format disk an reinstall Bubba Two

http://www.digital52.com/help/gptremoval.html

Removing GPT Partitions in GNU/Linux using dd and fdisk

Look up GPT on wiki by clicking here.

Basically GPT resides both at the beginning and the end of a hard drive. To zero out
the beginning of a drive doesn't remove GPT recognition from fdisk without zeroing out
the end of the drive as well.

Anyway, to clear the GPT without waiting hours for a total drive zero, do the following:
1. fdisk -s /dev/devicename --- This gets the blocksize of the device.
Make the last five digits of this number zeros. Example: fdisk -s /dev/sda
Will show an error about GPT, and then the block size: 39078144
Change to 39000000 which equals our blockcount
2. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/devicename bs=512 seek=blockcount
3. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/devicename bs=512 count=1

The last two steps gets rid of the end of drive data as well as the beginning data. Good luck.

PS when u do a dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/devicename bs=512 seek=blockcount it going to take coepl of hours so u known
Skaven

Post by Skaven »

Moose wrote:Tried to do a

bubba:/etc/init.d# apt-get install --reinstall bubba-frontend bubba-backend bubba-horde bubba-diskmanager
Didn't solve the problem …

But, when I entered the web-interface of Bubba, on the console (connected via SSH) that message popped up:

bubba:/etc/init.d# Warning: /dev/sda contains GPT signatures, indicating that it has a GPT table.  However, it does not have a valid fake msdos partition table, as it should.  Perhaps it was corrupted -- possibly by a program that doesn't understand GPT partition tables.  Or perhaps you deleted the GPT table, and are now using an msdos partition table.  Is this a GPT partition table?
Warning: /dev/sda contains GPT signatures, indicating that it has a GPT table.  However, it does not have a valid fake msdos partition table, as it should.  Perhaps it was corrupted -- possibly by a program that doesn't understand GPT partition tables.  Or perhaps you deleted the GPT table, and are now using an msdos partition table.  Is this a GPT partition table?

did my tips below help u?????