New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Lost contact with Bubba

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
matse

Re: Lost contact with Bubba

Post by matse »

Ok.

Anyway, it shouldn't be impossible to explore the disk after booting with the rescue stick. Someone knows to what file/directory the disk is mapped?
zander

Post by zander »

no it should not.

i looked back over the thread and see that you created this thumb drive as a "rescue" stick.

i have no experience with that.

all i can suggest is that you follow the instructions for using the rescue drive in the excito manual.

if you are successful then when you get done the bubba should be in a state similar to when you originally received it or when you made the rescue drive.
~alonzo...
matse

Post by matse »

The user manual doesn't describe how to explore the drive after bootup with rescue stick...
HeSitated

Post by HeSitated »

matse wrote:The user manual doesn't describe how to explore the drive after bootup with rescue stick...
What did you think, the Excito guys had to include the complete Linux bible? :P
matse

Post by matse »

Thanks.
matse

Post by matse »

# mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/disk

PS. And HeSitated, I do agree with Zander and think the Excito guys should include instructions for how to recover data on Bubba after that the device is not reachable following a power cut, in particular for those who don't happen to be familiar with Linux. Or maybe it's a warranty case.
matse

Post by matse »

Ok, I had a look on some log files, and there were a few suspicious "could not attach to phy" in one of the log files. Anyway, I unplugged the rescue stick and booted normally to get a fresh trace in the log files to inspect from the rescue boot, but for some magic reason this time when booting everything worked. Bubba is reachable again! The only thing I can think of is a loose cable contact, since switching between rescue and normal boot involved moving the network cable between the wan and lan ports. Although this was one of the first things I checked w/o success few days ago,.... Thanks Zander for your help.