New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Can't login via SSH

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
theWebalyst

Can't login via SSH

Post by theWebalyst »

Am feeling like a real noob again :-)

Ok, I have PuTTY (on Windows XP) and using it with default settings (SSH, port 22) to get to my Bubba|2 WiFi on my LAN (not WAN) and I get a simple "login:" prompt. But my login as my normal username (not admin) is rejected. I have checked and shell logins are enabled for that user. Its not a caps lock or wrong password problem, I'm sure of that, so presumably there's some configuration I've missed but I can't find info on the forum or in the manual.

I must be missing something. Be gentle with me... I'm already tearing my hair out having lost the keys to my Kensington lock. God knows where they are!

Thanks in advance. This forum has proved immensely helpful in getting me started with Bubba|2 WiFi :-)

Mark
theWebalyst

Re: Can't login via SSH

Post by theWebalyst »

Update - still no joy with PuTTY buy using WinSCP I can open a terminal session in their rather quaint Windowsy style front end and I have a shell.

I still want a proper SSH shell and to find out what's wrong with PuTTY. The above suggests to me that the problem is not Bubba config buy PuTTY or PuTTY config. Perhaps I'll try downloading fresh, the one I have is quite old.

Mark
theWebalyst

Re: Can't login via SSH

Post by theWebalyst »

Solved! Just needed an up-to-date PuTTY which I got via the helpful Excito Wiki at http://wiki.excito.org/wiki/index.php/Howto.

Mark