New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B1/2 -> B3 upgrade discount

Announcements from Excito
johannes

B1/2 -> B3 upgrade discount

Post by johannes »

After a few pointers from some of you we have decided to reward our valued B2 customers with a limited offer, to make the upgrade to B3 even more attractive. We do appreciate the enthusiasm you all show by participating in this forum and spreading the word about our products, and such efforts has to be rewarded. See this as a first step, we are discussing other things as well.

We have been asked to sell without disk but this is unfortunately not possible since our manufacturing process doesn't comply with that. But, we have the following offer:

If you email johannes@excito.com, supplying your original order number for a B2 (or name etc. so we can find it), we'll grant you a discount of 15% of the entire B3 product range (with or without wifi, all disk sizes).

This offer is for now limited to 2010-10-31.

[Edit 20101007: This of course also applies to B1 customers!]
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
pcrene

Re: B2 -> B3 upgrade discount

Post by pcrene »

Hello johannes,

1 email send to you with info....

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
pcrene

Re: B1/2 -> B3 upgrade discount

Post by pcrene »

Hello All

1 B3 ordered............

Rene :D
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
mcg

Post by mcg »

I have no criticism of this upgrade discount; I think it's admirable!

That said, I'm content enough with my pair of B2s at the moment that I will pass... HOWEVER, when you get to the point where you're able to offer motherboard/backplane upgrades, I'll take two!

I just wanted to be on record about that. You might want to conduct a user survey---if enough of your current customers are interested in this it might encourage you to modify your manufacturing plans. I am happy for you to take a nice tidy profit on the package but I see no reason to pay for a new case and hard drive, or for my old ones to go to waste.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

I just wanted to show my appreciation for this generous offer too. Unfortunately, I won't be able to take you up on it due to financial considerations (not to mention my B2 is less than a year old and does everything I need for the moment). A B3 will definitely be on my shopping list at some point in the future though.

Darren.
Tompa

Post by Tompa »

I agree with the previous speakers. I have a B2 currently, and to pay for a new disk/case when it's really not needed isn't economically justified.

I would happily place an order though if some kind of hardware upgrade offer reaches us.

/Tomas
Puma

Post by Puma »

Hello,

Ordered 1 B3.

My old B2 will go to my father and give us both a good backup solution....

Puma
Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!
shadowbox

Post by shadowbox »

I'm just chiming in to say this is a wonder nod to the B2 customer base. Unfortunately, I don't think can convince my wife that I need to spend $450 on more muscle for that strange little black box in the corner of the room. Then again, maybe Christmas.

Anyway, thanks for the tip of the hat to the B1/B2 community. It's very appreciated.
fangsu

Post by fangsu »

Just 2.5 months before B3 was released I bought a B2-wifi from a local dealer. I was not aware of any B3 being released so soon. I just consider myself unfortunate...........

Just for Excito's records:
I also would welcome any opportunity to order a B3 motherboard/backplane upgrade!!

/Laurens
jallee

Post by jallee »

Hello, all!
Ordered 1 B3wifi.
My old B2 wifi will go to my brother and give us both a good vpn solution....
// Jallee
CML

Post by CML »

Sweet!!!
:D

//Kalle
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

I wish I'd seen this thread before I ordered mine :-)
Got my pre-ordered B3 yesterday though, so I'm happy enough!
Henri

Post by Henri »

Hi

Is this discount offer valid for customers who have not bought their bubba directly from Excito Sweden but from your resellers?

As a prove of ownership of Bubba II, I believe there is enough complaint messages in this forum to at least prove that I have been exposed to Bubba II for a long period :)

Is there a 30 day return quarantee for this 15% discount buyer as there is for first time (full price) buyers?
johannes

Post by johannes »

Henri,

Yes to both questions! Email me for ordering instructions.

/Johannes
johannes

Post by johannes »

Yep, no problems.