New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Update to lenny?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
froling

Update to lenny?

Post by froling »

I like to know if I'm supposed to wait for an official update to my bubba2 or not?

When I try to run apt-get update the apt-get program complains about that etch sources does not exists. I have removed .se form the source.list entries. But that is not the issue, my question is, is it my responsibility to fix the upgrade problems or does Excito intend to release a new distribution that support Lenny? I can accept to reinstall my system, but the latest images that I could find did still use etch!

So should i fix this my self or wait, if I should wait, for how long?

Best regards Håkan Fröling.
Daniel.T

Re: Update to lenny?

Post by Daniel.T »

Bump!!!

Excito, are you going to make an official support for lenny or Squeeze for B2?
I have read on forum about people that have upgraded to lenny, but loose web-interface, and that is no option for me...

/Daniel.T
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

+1
novis

Post by novis »

Hi and Bump

I'm a little worried of not receiving security updates anymore for etch. So, will there be any official lenny or squeeze image at all? Cheers.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Although I agree that an updated system is the best to have, there isn't really much need to be worried about a well maintained debian system that's behind on a few security updates. If you look at the updates, you'll notice that nearly all are local exploits, or abuse a very specific service under very specific conditions. The vast majority are theoretical exploits too. So yes, keep asking for the transition to squeeze, and keep your bubba up to date, but don't be worried that your box will be hax0red next week.
novis

Post by novis »

Thanks Ubi! You eased my fears a bit... :)
GettinSadda

Post by GettinSadda »

The current datasheet for the B3 claims that it runs "Debian Linux 2.6 (Squeeze)" - so it looks like this is what we get.

Mine is ordered and somewhere in the system waiting to arrive, so I will find out soon :D
GettinSadda

Post by GettinSadda »

Yup - my new B3 does seem to be running Squeeze 'out of the box'