New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Anyone tried installing..

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
sc0rp

Anyone tried installing..

Post by sc0rp »

..glftpd on bubba?

I've tested as someone stated in the forums before the "openssl speed aes" command to benchmark bubba AES encryption throughput, it supports around 1 MB/s quite ok if you ask me...
Zarei

Post by Zarei »

I have tried, haven't got it to work yet. It installed fine though.
sc0rp

Post by sc0rp »

alright then i will also have a go for it :)
sc0rp

Post by sc0rp »

sc0rp wrote:alright then i will also have a go for it :)
well it won't work since the binaries aren't compiled with ARM as target processor
Norman

Re: Anyone tried installing glftpd...

Post by Norman »

Is there any news regarding this topic? Last replay was made 15 may 2007..

I really would like to install glftpd on my new B3, since I heard it's a great ftp deamon.
northbane

Re: Anyone tried installing..

Post by northbane »

I too am wondering this, if it works, then the Bubba B3 is surely something I would buy to replace my computer as it would be more energy efficient and small form factor. Can anyone of the admins please fix this, 10 months since the last reply here now.

edit: i have now learned that glftpd is closed source and thus cannot be recompiled on any other cpu platform :-(
Last edited by northbane on 22 Feb 2012, 04:17, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

I'm not a member of Excito but I think the chance for a default install of your glfpd is near-zero. Currently the Bubbas ship with ProFTPD which is a robust safe enterprise-level FTP server. Why would they change that to a niche-player with unknown security risks? I really hope Excito sticks with ProFTPD and spend their dev time on important issues instead!

But then again, if you like this specific software so much, why don't you just download the source and compile and run it yourself?
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Oh yes and the fact that the last release of glftpd was in 2005 does not help either. Or that there are no current developers. Or a source tree.
northbane

Post by northbane »

glFTPD is closed source and cannot be compiled under ARM.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

northbane

Post by northbane »

Team glfTPD has added support for ARM processors, check it out at their website; glftpd.eu
Benjmain3001

Post by Benjmain3001 »

Hello @all,

has anyone tried the installation on the B3 without any errors?
I've tried it but i got the following two error messages :(

ld-linux-armhf.so.3: Failed! You must find & copy ld-linux-armhf.so.3 to /glftpd/lib manually.

ld-linux.so.2: Searching . . . Failed!

What does it mean?

BR
Ben
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

armhf (arm hardware floating point) is meant for a type of ARM cpu (v7) that is not compatible with the Kirkwood Bubba (which is armel, software point). At least that is how I understand it. If it is correct, there is a possibility the ARM sources you use cannot be compiled for the B3. But again, I could be completely wrong.

you may be able to trick the compiler:
"Hard floats use an on-chip floating point unit. Soft floats emulate one in software. The difference is speed. It's strange to see both used on the same target architecture, since the chip either has an FPU or doesn't. You can enable soft floating point in GCC with -msoft-float."
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3321 ... nt-numbers)
Benjmain3001

Post by Benjmain3001 »

Mhhhhh this means there is no native support for arm5te devices, right.

I've found some compilation with name "glftpd-toolchain-armeb_v5te_gcc-4.7-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2-2.02_rc6" but no success :(

Is there an place where we can found different compilations like this?

BR
Ben
tuxlifan

Post by tuxlifan »

(more as a note to self, but could be useful for searching the forum for armel or armhf and armel vs. armhf resp.)
Ubi wrote:armhf (arm hardware floating point) is meant for a type of ARM cpu (v7) that is not compatible with the Kirkwood Bubba (which is armel, software point). At least that is how I understand it.
My latest experiment on an ArchLinux LiveUSB seems to support your understanding :-)
I copied both armel and armhf versions from the Debian sash packages (the first package that came to mind with static linking) to the stick and tried to run them: the armel version ran fine, whereas the armhf version Segfaulted.

Also, from https://www.debian.org/ports/arm/ (i.e. armel)
As of our latest release, Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.10, the following ARM sub-architectures are fully supported:
[...]
kirkwood: we support Marvell's Kirkwood platform