New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Adjust time automatically

How are you using your Bubba? Got ideas for a cool modification? Share!
juicer

Adjust time automatically

Post by juicer »

Bubbas internal clock seems to lag quite heavily. Atleast mine lags about 0,08 s per hour. To avoid having to set the time through the GUI every now and then, do the following while logged in as root:

First, change the timezone to your local timezone (for some reason bubba's default is UTC). Type 'tzconfig' and follow the instructions.

Secondly, install ntpdate:

> apt-get update
> apt-get install ntpdate

Lastly, add the following line to cron (using 'crontab -e'):

0 */2 * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate ntp1.sp.se

This will call ntpdate once every two hours which is enough to avoid stepping the time which would be needed if the offset is to great. The server 'ntp1.sp.se' can be changed to any NTP-server you like (google on NTP...). You can add more than one server for fallback. See man page on ntpdate for details.
msx

Post by msx »

this is very useful, thanks :)
spoodie

Post by spoodie »

Good idea, thanks a lot!
hawkman

Post by hawkman »

That is nice! :D
I changed the time zone, but now the time on the web interface is showing wrong time... -2h

Where can I change that?

BR
H
Clive

Post by Clive »

I had a similar problem after I had done this hack. I think you need to restart apache to get it to show the time according to the correct timezone. I think I just rebooted Bubba and that solved it.
hawkman

Post by hawkman »

Sweet!

Yup, that solved it :D Thx