New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Lexmark P4350 printer

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Gizmo

Lexmark P4350 printer

Post by Gizmo »

Reposting in the correct forum...

Hi
Received my Bubba|2 yesterday. Proud father, well pleased! But I can't get it to recognise my P4350. I can add it as a networked printer per the instructions but it can't find the drivers either from the CD or download. Any suggestions as to an "alternative" driver? I'm really only interested in the printer, but as it's an all in one, scanning would be a bonus. Cheeseboy kindly searched for a CUPS driver but couldn't find one either.
RandomUsername

Re: Lexmark P4350 printer

Post by RandomUsername »

I may be wrong, I've never set up a network printer before, but don't you need to install the drivers on the client PCs?
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

You are not wrong :-)

As I don't have Windows PCs at home, I sort of transfered the problem I was having finding a CUPS driver for my printer for my Ubuntu PCs to Giz' question.

Gizmo:
If you use Windows, just install the printer driver, and it should work.
You don't need a driver to add the printer to the server.

Sorry...
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Cheeseboy wrote:You are not wrong :-)
First time for everything. :) I did realise I lied though; I have set up a network printer before, not on Buuba though.

[EDIT]I think there's also a way to save the driver on the server for distribution across the network rather than having to install it from disc on every PC. Can't remember how though.
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

I think there's also a way to save the driver on the server for distribution across the network rather than having to install it from disc on every PC
Yeah, I tried that on my Bubba mk1, when I still had windoze at home, but I could never get it to work, Something with samba permissions. Windoze expects the printer itself to be the file-share with the driver on it, but samba will have none of that nonsense... (if I remember correctly, this was 2007)

EDIT:
Consistent capitalization.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

It gets worse - shamefuly I'm on 'doze 7 which won't play with anything from the 20th century, it seems... Had the same issue with a Netgear PS121, which worked with XP just fine. It's not the Bubba's fault. I'm thoroughly enjoying that :twisted: