New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Forked-daapd for Airport express / iOS -owners :)

Good ideas? Share with us!
gatto

Re: Forked-daapd for Airport express / iOS -owners :)

Post by gatto »

tz tz

Code: Select all

apt-get install -f
alone, without the package name

this should fix the apt-get existing issues

btw, seen the error, I'm not sure it will solve the problem, as the problem seems related to a package version requirement, intead than a missing dependency...
anyway the above cannot hurt
NisseJ

Post by NisseJ »

gatto wrote:tz tz

apt-get install -f
alone, without the package name

this should fix the apt-get existing issues

btw, seen the error, I'm not sure it will solve the problem, as the problem seems related to a package version requirement, intead than a missing dependency...
anyway the above cannot hurt
Well, sadly it´s still reporting the same error :( Well, thanks for trying to help me :)
gatto

Post by gatto »

quite strange, if you look here
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywo ... ection=all
libsqlite3-0 in debian repos is in 3.7.3-1 version, while your system states that 3.7.2-1 is to be installed, which is quite strange

it might be that excito repo has an older version and has a higher priority.

what is a priority?

look here
http://www.argon.org/~roderick/apt-pinning.html

I guess you should install the package libsqlite3-0 from debian repos, switching priorities for the two sources, I don't know if this can harm the stability of your B3

another way might be to download the libsqlite3-0 package from debian website (the link above) and install it locally...
carl

Post by carl »

The reason for issue with installing libsqlite3-0 is due to pinning as we wanted to make sure that no changes directly from debian would overwrite package we ourself used without our knowledge.

To install it you must explicity specify you want to updata libsqlite, like following:

apt-get install forked-daapd libsqlite3-0=3.7.3-1 
All upstream packages used on the B3 will be updated in the next release as well.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
NisseJ

Post by NisseJ »

Thanks Carl, that worked :)

Now i will have to find out how the #!€! the iDevices will be able to list the songs on them. Pairing was simple but getting the songs to actually be seen on the iWhatever seems a bit buggy :)
NisseJ

Post by NisseJ »

Well, i got it to work, but i had to compile it myself, which is something i haven´t done since i used to compile bleeding edge linux kernels back in the days. :)

Now i can actually use both my iPad and my iPhone as remote without using any other computer running except my B3. Sadly i didn´t document the steps i made but i will try and see if i can do the same procedure on my Bubba2 and document that instead. Im to lazy to reinstall my B3 when it works as good as it does just to get all the steps right. :(