New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

w32codecs

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
wm.bubba

w32codecs

Post by wm.bubba »

Hi,

I'm trying to install w32codecs onto BUBBA2

The etch repositories have now been archived, and I believe the w32codecs were on the http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ repository, but I cannot find and archived version of this.

I have managed to find the following archived repositories:
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
6feet5

Re: w32codecs

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

I could be all wrong here, but I doubt this will work on a PowerPC platform (or an ARM platform for that matter). I think this package contain dynamic libraries (DLL files and similar from a Windows installation) for the i386 platform (possibly supported by amd64).

/Johan
wm.bubba

Post by wm.bubba »

You may well be right, but it turns out that's not what I need after all.

I want to run the following command that reformats a flv file to mp4

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i $input_file -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mp4 $output_file
I know I'm missing some codecs, but I don't know which ones, or from where I can install additional codecs.

Thanks.
Nrde

Post by Nrde »

wm.bubba wrote:I want to run the following command that reformats a flv file to mp4

ffmpeg -i $input_file -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mp4 $output_file
I know I'm missing some codecs, but I don't know which ones, or from where I can install additional codecs.
Isn't ffmpeg including all the codecs already in the form of libavcodec? To me that line looks like you are just copying the audio and video streams (but I'm not an expert when it comes to ffmpeg)

It might help to know what you are trying to achieve. mp4 is just a wrapper so you can encode the file to whatever you choose.
wm.bubba

Post by wm.bubba »

The original file has an flv wrapper, with x264 video and acc audio streams.
I'm just trying to convert this to a mp4 wrapper, copying the video and audio streams in the process.
It would appear that ffmpeg still requires the codecs to perform this function.

This command works on my ubuntu desktop PC, where I have libx264 and libacc codecs installed.
These are not installed on bubba.
Nrde

Post by Nrde »

wm.bubba wrote:This command works on my ubuntu desktop PC, where I have libx264 and libacc codecs installed.
These are not installed on bubba.
Have you tried just:

ffmpeg –i file.flv –acodec copy –vcodec copy file.mp4
wm.bubba

Post by wm.bubba »

Just tried that and no luck, your suggestion doesn't work on my Ubuntu box either, an output format is required.

$ ffmpeg –i Click.flv –acodec copy –vcodec copy Click.mp4
FFmpeg version UNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-libfaad --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-x11grab --prefix=/usr --enable-libgsm --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --disable-strip --enable-libdc1394 --disable-armv5te --disable-armv6 --disable-altivec --disable-vis --enable-shared --disable-static
  libavutil version: 49.6.0
  libavcodec version: 51.50.0
  libavformat version: 52.7.0
  libavdevice version: 52.0.0
  built on Aug 13 2008 17:28:43, gcc: 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)
Unable to find a suitable output format for '–i'
Personally, I now think it may be something to do with the version of ffmpeg, don't know why it says UNKNOWN?
I may have to build it from scratch, or wait for an update to Squeeze!