New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.4

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
JC

Re: Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.4

Post by JC »

I've just upgraded to this 2.4 release, which went smoothly. :D

I seems that most things works very well, and even the new logitechmediaserver (LMS) is able to stream video to a Sony Bravia TV 8) (of course still limited by the crippled numbers of formats supported by Bravias). Haven't checked if MiniDLNA does a better job though (more stable) as this is still my favorite, as bugs in LMS still exists and new ones arises with 7.7.1 (eg. scratching database and rescanning collection).

What seems some more troublesome is the switch to forked-daapd, whitch have left me without music in any of my audio players (Amarok on Linux) around the house. :(
This was some of a bad discovery, since it was one of my more preferred B3 services. I have been digging a little around for a solution to this issue, and found that this bug was discovered later than the forked-daapd 1.9gcd was released (used in 2.4).
Issue #78 upstreams and its bugfix:
https://github.com/jasonmc/forked-daapd/issues/78
https://github.com/CBGoodBuddy/forked-d ... d18080705e

Any chance that this issue will be solved, or do I need to go back to the B3 Ver. 2.3.2 software to get back my music :?:
ahoff

Post by ahoff »

If you use Amarok on a Linuxmachine you can use nfs. That is the way I do it.
Åke Hoff
Örskogen
Sweden
ahoff

Post by ahoff »

ahoff wrote:If you use Amarok on a Linuxmachine you can use nfs. That is the way I do it.
I'll get back with how my export and nfsfiles looks like. (And maby a howto)
Åke Hoff
Örskogen
Sweden
ahoff

Post by ahoff »

I just found a great Howto nfs.
Åke Hoff
Örskogen
Sweden
victor

Post by victor »

Hi, since this update it seems I can't log in the album anymore.
I tried unix users and album users and none of them work…
cinko

Post by cinko »

Thanks guys for the update :)

I've got a problem after the update to 2.4 (from 2.3).....

Error msg in OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8:

Message from server "b3"

Something wrong with the volume's CNID DB, using temporary CNID DB instead. Check server messages for details. Switching to read-only mode.

Any suggestions?
cinko

Post by cinko »

Thanks for the update guys :)

I forgot to mention that I am using AFP....
johannes

Post by johannes »

@victor and cinko, please email support@excito.com with detailed problem descriptions and we'll help you.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
ingo2

Post by ingo2 »

I just upgraded from 2.3.1.1 (as delivered) to 2.4 and afterwards observed that

Code: Select all

apt-get autoremove
will purge 104 packages, almost all are *-perl packages.

I did not autoremove yet, becaus I am afraid it will uninstall all the Excito specific additions. Or can I safely cleanup?

Kind regards,
Ingo
UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

it is safe to use, but it does remove your apt/sources.list and makes you use the apt-pinning system which is not really well documented in the excito wiki or docs.
gjdb

Post by gjdb »

Where can I find the languagefiles in this version? Directory /usr/share/web-admin/admin/views/default/i18n/en/bubba_lang.php is given in the wiki Create new language files can I not find anymore.
ingo2

Post by ingo2 »

Ubi wrote:it is safe to use, but it does remove your apt/sources.list and makes you use the apt-pinning system which is not really well documented in the excito wiki or docs.
That I don't understand. apt/sources.list only contains the Debian main repository, the Elvis repos are in /etc/apt/ directory. And look here, what all is beeng de-installed:

Die folgenden Pakete wurden automatisch installiert und werden nicht mehr benötigt:
  libb-hooks-endofscope-perl liburi-find-perl libtie-regexphash-perl libpath-class-perl wavpack
  libcgi-pm-perl libio-string-perl libclass-accessor-grouped-perl libdata-page-perl
  libclass-base-perl db4.8-util libclass-xsaccessor-array-perl libyaml-syck-perl
  libtext-unidecode-perl libvorbisfile3 liblog-log4perl-perl libipc-sharelite-perl
  libtest-exception-perl libuuid-tiny-perl libaudio-scan-perl libanyevent-perl
  libclass-accessor-perl libtemplate-plugin-class-perl libfile-next-perl libreplaygain1
  libtie-llhash-perl libclass-trigger-perl libclass-accessor-chained-perl libdata-dump-perl
  libcache-cache-perl libclass-inspector-perl libperl6-say-perl libclass-c3-perl
  libexporter-lite-perl libcarp-assert-perl liberror-perl libcarp-clan-perl libdata-optlist-perl
  libtemplate-perl libclass-c3-xs-perl libdbix-class-perl libarchive-zip-perl libcurl3-gnutls
  libnamespace-clean-perl libwavpack1 libmath-base36-perl libsql-translator-perl
  libparams-util-perl libcue1 libmro-compat-perl libtie-cache-lru-perl musepack-tools
  libclass-makemethods-perl libpar-perl libreadonly-perl libdata-uriencode-perl
  libsql-abstract-perl libcontext-preserve-perl libmodule-find-perl libgif4 libfile-which-perl
  libclass-c3-componentised-perl libappconfig-perl libnet-ip-perl libfile-bom-perl
  libsub-install-perl libnet-dns-perl libparse-recdescent-perl libgd-gd2-perl
  libencode-detect-perl flac libsox-fmt-base sox libenum-perl libvariable-magic-perl
  libclass-xsaccessor-perl libxml-writer-perl libsql-abstract-limit-perl libsox-fmt-alsa
  libclass-virtual-perl libpackage-stash-perl libpar-dist-perl libsub-identify-perl
  libclass-data-inheritable-perl libproc-background-perl libopencore-amrnb0
  libtie-cache-lru-expires-perl libdigest-hmac-perl libsub-uplevel-perl libdbd-sqlite3-perl
  libsox1b libfile-sharedir-perl libimage-scale-perl libsub-exporter-perl libev-perl
  libjson-xs-versiononeandtwo-perl libmpcdec6 libsndfile1 libalgorithm-c3-perl libopencore-amrwb0
  libfile-readbackwards-perl libdata-dumper-concise-perl libdigest-sha1-perl libscope-guard-perl
Verwenden Sie »apt-get autoremove«, um sie zu entfernen.
Checking with

dpkg -l <package>
does not report any elder/obsolete versions are marked "un".

Are you really sure?
Ingo
UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are.
aardric

Post by aardric »

I was able to change the admin password during upgrade but now cannot change it again as admin within the web interface; I'm stuck with the first password I set.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there another way to change the web admin password?
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

aardric wrote:I was able to change the admin password during upgrade but now cannot change it again as admin within the web interface; I'm stuck with the first password I set.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there another way to change the web admin password?
What do you mean exactly? Is the optiont there but it doesn't work, or is the option missing entirely?
aardric

Post by aardric »

RandomUsername wrote:
aardric wrote:I was able to change the admin password during upgrade but now cannot change it again as admin within the web interface; I'm stuck with the first password I set.
What do you mean exactly? Is the optiont there but it doesn't work, or is the option missing entirely?
Sorry. Following the the users guide, I logged in as admin and brought up the settings-->users--> edit admin form. I filled in the 'password' and 'verify password' windows; then I clicked on 'update'. I logged out and then attempted to log back in with the new password. However, I could only log in with the previous password.