New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3:Unstable internet connection since 2.4 (not WiFi related)

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
blacklodge

B3:Unstable internet connection since 2.4 (not WiFi related)

Post by blacklodge »

Since i updated my B3 to 2.4 i have got an unstable internet connection.
Every now and then i notice that my internet speed is slow, and then i use bredbandskollen.se to check and i got an speed from 0.1 to 1 Mbit/s (i have 24Mbit/s)
What i do then is to go to Network > WAN and change from DHCP to Static and press the "update" button, then i change back to DHCP again directly after and i have full internet speed again.

And just i few minutes ago i completely lost my connection (not just losing speed) i had no IP at all, i then had to perform the procedure i wrote about above and then i was up running at full speed again. It was the first time i lost IP from ISP.

Naturally i first tough it was my ISP that was the problem but now this has happened so many times and i can always fix it by using "my method" so i don't think it is my ISP that is the problem anymore, besides it started with 2.4 update.

This is kind of annoying. what might the problem be? and does anybody else have the same symptoms?

Off course i have tried to restart B3 several times...

// Tomas
Last edited by blacklodge on 26 Feb 2012, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Harry

Re: B3: Unstable internet connection since 2.4

Post by Harry »

I did the 2.4 upgrade today, and at first I thought that I had the same problem that You mention.
But after some poor test results at "Bredbandskollen" via wifi, I also tried it via a non wifi connection with normal results.
I hope I can stand it until the next update, since there obviously is some flaws with the wifi in this version, for instance the non working 5GHz issue.
For now I got a Slow and sluggish working wifi.

/Harry
blacklodge

Re: B3: Unstable internet connection since 2.4

Post by blacklodge »

I forgot to mention that the problem for me is both for WiFi and cable connected computers, so it is NOT the WiFi that is the problem for me.
The computer i sitting on, and have done all the testing from is a cable connected one, but my other user on my B3 sitting on WiFi and have the same problem as me.

I have not made any test on the internal speed on my network over my B3 but i assume that that is okay, it is just the outgoing internet speed that i have problem with.