New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

WD green / Load Cycle

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
loofi

WD green / Load Cycle

Post by loofi »

Hi,

I changed my disk to a 3TB WD green line and downloaded the latest software 2.4.1.1. As I understand the fix for the load_cycle was included in a former update. So now my new disk and my new software still runs high on the load_cycle_count.

Can Excito help me to implement the fix on my system? I understand that it is just a matter of a tiny program from WD to set the timeout to 5 minutes.

best regards,
Joakim
RandomUsername

Re: WD green / Load Cycle

Post by RandomUsername »

Have you rebooted the B3 since updating it?
loofi

Post by loofi »

Yes. Does not have any effect.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Hate to budge in, but just rebooting is not sufficient according to the announcements. You have to shut down, actually pull the cord and reconnect after having waited for a few seconds.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Ah, you're right at that. Forgot about it myself.
loofi

Post by loofi »

An update:
I hate waiting and pulled the disk, booted with DOS and wdidle3.exe on another pc. Set the timer to 300 seconds.

Back in the B3 and everything is fine.

However, if the tool for changing the timer is somewhere on the B3 it would be nice to trigger it seperately.
I am sure there are several people changing their disks now that 3-4TB is available.
johannes

Post by johannes »

The fix is on every update, so for the next update you would have gotten the change (2.4.2, due in a few weeks). You could also have run it manually of course.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)