New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Newly created backup job doesn't run

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
albert

Newly created backup job doesn't run

Post by albert »

I have been using the backup facility for several months now to back up my email, and that works fine.
I have created jobs MailDaily and MailWeekly for that. Now I have updated B3 to the latest 2.5 release and tried to add simply a MailMonthly backup as well. Simple backup to an external USB disk every month and keep it for a decade, plain and simple. But it won't run. I don't know if something changed with the 2.5 update, the jobs created before still work, but a new one doesn't. The only indication what happens is a line in the syslog file:

Jun 2 12:12:51 b3 /usr/lib/web-admin/backup.pl: Missing include files: includeglob.list excludeglob.list include_childglob.list

I've checked the /home/admin/.backup/MailMonthly directory and it contains the proper files:

root@b3:/home/admin/.backup/MailMonthly# pwd ; ls -la
/home/admin/.backup/MailMonthly
total 16
drwx------ 2 root www-data 4096 Jun 2 12:12 .
drwxrwxr-x 5 root www-data 4096 Jun 2 12:12 ..
-rw------- 1 root www-data 0 Jun 2 12:12 excludeglob.list
-rw------- 1 root www-data 0 Jun 2 12:12 include_childglob.list
-rw------- 1 root www-data 14 Jun 2 12:12 includeglob.list
-rw------- 1 root www-data 363 Jun 2 12:12 jobdata

So I don't have a clue why it isn't working.

Hope Excito can find what's going on.

Regards,

Albert
albert

Re: Newly created backup job doesn't run (BUG REPORT)

Post by albert »

I found the problem!

It has to do with how the webinterface creates the backup job.
In the directory /home/admin/.backup every backup job created gets an subdirectory with the jobname.
In this job subdirectory a file called "jobdata" is created. The old script created all variables without double quotes around the values in this "jobdata" file. The new one (update 2.5) does put double quotes around every variable value. Unfortunately, the backup script /usr/lib/web-admin/backup.pl doesn't interprete the values properly and thinks there's something wrong with the jobdata file.

For now I just removed the double quotes in the jobdata file, and the it runs fine, as usual. So there is a bug in the /usr/lib/web-admin/backup.pl file.

Regards,

Albert
RandomUsername

Re: Newly created backup job doesn't run

Post by RandomUsername »

I know Johannes reads these forums but I'd email support@excito.com to report this just in case.
johannes

Re: Newly created backup job doesn't run

Post by johannes »

yep, noted, sorry about this. Fix is in the works.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)