New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B2 schematics?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
mountaindude

B2 schematics?

Post by mountaindude »

I recall seeing a schematic and board layout of the B2 somehwere, sometime in the distant past... Or do I remember incorrectly?

Swapping the HD for a SSD I noticed there is an unpopulated SATA connector next to the main HD connector...
I thought it might be possible to solder in a SATA connector and place a 2nd HD outside the case - but have access to schematics and PCB/board layout would make it a lot easier.

Or can someone from Excito give a hint of whether it's possible at all, from an electronic/software point of view?

Also, what is the large, unpopulated connector on the component side of the PCB used for? Wifi module?

Thanks,
Göran
johannes

Re: B2 schematics?

Post by johannes »

Hi Göran,

Yes, it's possible but never used by us so probably never tested, so no guarantees. :) I'll have to check on the schematics but I'm sure I can send you a pdf copy (please email support@excito.com). The big connector is mini-PCI, and yes, used for wifi versions.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Nrde

Re: B2 schematics?

Post by Nrde »

johannes wrote:I'll have to check on the schematics but I'm sure I can send you a pdf copy (please email support@excito.com).
Can I just say that there isn't enough companies like Excito.