New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

DHCP client not working?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
karl-petter

DHCP client not working?

Post by karl-petter »

Hi,

for my internet connection I use a Dovado Tiny with a ZTE mf820d 4G modem. I would like to have my Bubba to be my router and just use the Dovado just as a modem. Since the latest firmware on the Tiny it supports bridge mode which does exactly this. It has worked just fine for a month or two but was away on vacation for two weeks and now when I got back I didnt have any internet connection and started to investigate.

The result:
When Tiny is in Bridge Mode my B3 does not get an ip via DHCP, but if I connect the ethernet cable to my laptop(macbook pro) it gets an ip and I can access the internet.
If I disable Bridge Mode and instead use the Tiny as a router both my laptop and B3 gets an ip through DHCP.

I cannot tell if this is a Bubba problem or a Tiny problem... so any suggestions on how to determine if this is a problem with Bubba or the Tiny is much appreciated.
karl-petter

Re: DHCP client not working?

Post by karl-petter »

Just got a reply on the Dovado forum and there might be an issue with the Tiny in Bridge Mode that DHCP traffic does not get through for certain kinds of routers. So it seems most likely it is a problem with the Tiny.