New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Add a WiFi device to a Bubba | Two?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
paulchany

Add a WiFi device to a Bubba | Two?

Post by paulchany »

Hi,

I have a Bubba | Two.

Can I add a WiFi device to it?
If can, which WiFi device is adequate?
If can, which is the easiest way to do that?
Best, Pali
RandomUsername

Re: Add a WiFi device to a Bubba | Two?

Post by RandomUsername »

Do you mean you want to make it into an access point? There is some discussion here: http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4648
paulchany

Post by paulchany »

RandomUsername wrote:Do you mean you want to make it into an access point? There is some discussion here: http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4648
I don't found answer there.

Is it possible to solder a WiFi device into Bubba | Two?

I want, if possible, to get a WiFi on Bubba | Two so I get rid of UTP cable that connect now my laptop and Bubba | Two through a Switch.
Best, Pali
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

I suppose that might be possible, but what's wrong with connecting one through USB?
paulchany

Post by paulchany »

Gordon wrote:I suppose that might be possible, but what's wrong with connecting one through USB?
Nothing is wrong with connecting one through a cable except it is more confortable if one uses WiFi connection. Right?
Best, Pali
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

No, he means what's wrong with using a USB wifi device? Why do you specifically want to solder something onto the B2?
paulchany

Post by paulchany »

RandomUsername wrote:No, he means what's wrong with using a USB wifi device? Why do you specifically want to solder something onto the B2?
Oh, sorry for misunderstanding.

So, Ralink USB Wifi adapters are adequate for this purpose?
Or maybe there is newer USB WiFi adapter out there that one can uses with Bubba | Two?
Best, Pali
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

You want a dongle that supports 'master' mode so you can make the B2 an access point. Known dongles that do that use Ralink's RT5370 and RT5372 chip. There are others, such as the Edimax Nano (tutorial for Pi in that link), but I've never seen a comprehensive list that contains them all. I have in fact not even seen a list of brands that use the Ralink chip.
paulchany

Post by paulchany »

Gordon wrote:You want a dongle that supports 'master' mode so you can make the B2 an access point. Known dongles that do that use Ralink's RT5370 and RT5372 chip. There are others, such as the Edimax Nano (tutorial for Pi in that link), but I've never seen a comprehensive list that contains them all. I have in fact not even seen a list of brands that use the Ralink chip.
Thank you all for helpful replies.
Best, Pali