New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Product launch: TV on demand just got better!

Announcements from Excito
johannes

Product launch: TV on demand just got better!

Post by johannes »

Ok, for the Swedish customers out there we have news, we have now launched TV Sweden, the worlds best internet TV user experience (really!). Features:
  • The only usable way to get SVT Play on a real TV
  • Youtube and DLNA also supported
  • Death to IR remotes and on-TV UI, 100% app based UI
More content services in the works, we will update you continuously.

http://www.tvsweden.se
(website in beta, feedback appreciated!)
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
johannes

Re: Product launch: TV on demand just got better!

Post by johannes »

Bonus info for you guys, since I know you would ask anyways:

Media player box info:
  • Android 4.0
  • Full HD (1080p) of course
  • ARM Cortex A9 @ 1 GHz
  • 10 x 10 x 1.6 cm
86ivar

Post by 86ivar »

Ok thats nice.
Now please make a B4! :D
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Is this something that is supported by SVT? SVT Play is working like a charm on XBMC, problem is that it isn't supported, so every time SVT decides to change things it breaks.

What connectors does it have? And what does the UI look like? I mean, you can hardly beat XBMC, but you could be close :wink:

Since it has svtplay integration and also DLNA it does all that my oldish htpc does today, so with some more information I'll give it a thought. I mean, it's not like it's expensive :D

/Daniel
johannes

Post by johannes »

Yep, we are approved by SVT, and are talking to them regularly to head-up changes.

It has Ethernet, HDMI, 3 x USB, SD-card and power. The USB and SD-card ports are not used right now, but we might add USB mass-storage photo playback in the future.

I'm right now working on a web-site update with more detials (app screenshots etc).

[Edit]: You can also see some of the UI in the video at www.excito.com.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

That video suggests to me that this appliance will wreck you marriage.
All i see is a woman watching tv in the middle of the day, and when hubby comes home and pours some wine for some quality time with the mrs, all she does is take the wine and move herself away to the bedroom. Cheers!
bico

Post by bico »

johannes wrote:Yep, we are approved by SVT, and are talking to them regularly to head-up changes.

It has Ethernet, HDMI, 3 x USB, SD-card and power. The USB and SD-card ports are not used right now, but we might add USB mass-storage photo playback in the future.

I'm right now working on a web-site update with more detials (app screenshots etc).

[Edit]: You can also see some of the UI in the video at (the URL is removed due to a "Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs." message).
What is necessary to activate the USB ports and the SD-card port? Only a software update? Or a hardware upgrade as well?

/Birger
johannes

Post by johannes »

What is necessary to activate the USB ports and the SD-card port? Only a software update? Or a hardware upgrade as well?

/Birger
This is all software, the hardware is there.
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

This is very interesting... But it also raises a lot of questions.

Will this support the usual video streaming companies (eg. Netflix etc.)? Will the music player (listen 100) be controllable from the same app? Will the DLNA service be able to give a structured view of my media? My experience is that DLNA show all music/video as a large mass of all my video's/music mp3's. Will the listen support the likes of Spotify Deezer etc...)

I would love a good/smooth system to replace my Squeezeboxes/ACryan video player by something that is controlled by a single app and that can access the data stored on my B3.

Yours,

Martijn
johannes

Post by johannes »

Binkem wrote:This is very interesting... But it also raises a lot of questions.
Will this support the usual video streaming companies (eg. Netflix etc.)?
It will support the services we choose to add. So far we only have SVT Play, Youtube and DLNA, and I know this is quite thin, but more will come, rest assured. Early spring we will add a good video rental service, and after that we have a roadmap. We will share more as soon as we are allowed.
Binkem wrote: Will the music player (listen 100) be controllable from the same app?
Yes. However this player is not for sale yet, we don't think it makes sense until we have a good music service included. Do you agree?
Binkem wrote: Will the DLNA service be able to give a structured view of my media? My experience is that DLNA show all music/video as a large mass of all my video's/music mp3's.
So far we have chosen to display just the folder structure, so if you have it structured on your NAS / B3, it is just as structured in the app. We have plans for a much nicer UI with search and auto-poster-matching and display etc., but this will take a while before we release.
Binkem wrote: Will the listen support the likes of Spotify Deezer etc...)
HOpefully in the future but no agreements are signed with music services yet so no promises.
Binkem wrote: I would love a good/smooth system to replace my Squeezeboxes/ACryan video player by something that is controlled by a single app and that can access the data stored on my B3.
Yes, I agree fully. Our view is that 1) media hardware sucks today, with a few exceptions. No-one offers a good user interface that spans over all media content (private content & paid services, video, audio and photos, multi-room, multi-device). Sonos are our heros because they are the least sucky. 2) User interfaces should always be on smartphones and never on TV's, for so many reasons. (Try choosing from a 10k movie databased on your smart TV on a friday night, there is one.)

Thanks for your feedback, appreciated!
Moloko

Post by Moloko »

It it always problematic having action movies mixed with movies for children on the same storage area...

The content residing on DLNA, will it possible to secure a part of that media by password access only?
johannes

Post by johannes »

This is a good idea but nothing we have today. I'll add it to the wishlist. It will probably be some hacky solution since DLNA does not support conditional access (afaik), but everything is possible.
bico

Post by bico »

Maybe it is time to make one dedicated thread regarding this particular device? There is one thread here and one thread in Excito V1 / General.

/Birger
ryz

Post by ryz »

Will it be possible to synchronize the music player as you can with the squeezebox player. That is having several player in different room playing in 100% sync.
NoSubstitute

Post by NoSubstitute »

Link to Android app seems not gone live yet?
Cant' find app in Play Store either.