New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 refuses to work even not formatting

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
gmdehaas

Re: B3 refuses to work even not formatting

Post by gmdehaas »

You can login at http://www.ibood.com/nl/nl/
You're officially to late for a DOA, but if you contact customer services, you'll fund out there're quite customer friendly.

But try some different USB (smaller) sticks first, because this device is good value for money.
try FAT formatting etc.

To bad that Excito doesn't include a working USB stick: you can bulk order them at various chinees websites for a $1,50.
Excito might also be helpfull if they tell what brands and types USB stick work.
But in the end, we all agree, that the installation mechanism of the B3 is clumsy and not suitable for consumer products
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

When I bought a B3 without disk it included a USB stick. I guess it's different for the ibood offer.
andhy

Post by andhy »

StefanPeeters wrote:Hi,

I also bought it at Ibood. I connected the B3 to the my procurve switch true the WAN port and my laptop to the LAN port. I inserted the USB, presed the knob while inserting the power cable and releesed it when I got a green light. I get a green light for 5 seconds and after it blinks purple. I even bought a new disk (WD 3TB RED), before I had a WD 1.5TB BLACK. Still it doesn't work. I also formated the USB as FAT and FAT32 but nothing seems to work. I am very disapointed about this product. I had high expectations. Looks like a waste of money.

Someone can explain me how to get this work? I bought this because I red it was so easy to use that even a child could make this work.

Is there a way I could get a refund from Ibood?
Stefan, it also took me 4 days before I succeeded to get the 2 B3's working.
First no internet connection is required.
The fourth USB-stick did the job normal FAT32 format (no label) the brand was Kruidvat 4GB.
Hold the power button pressed until 4 to 5 seconds before releasing it.
The rf45 ports may not start blinking otherwise start over again.

It was an ugly start but now I am quite happy.

Hope this helps

Andhy
86ivar

Post by 86ivar »

How much did you pay for the units at ibood?
86ivar

Post by 86ivar »

StefanPeeters wrote:Hi,

I also bought it at Ibood. I connected the B3 to the my procurve switch true the WAN port and my laptop to the LAN port. I inserted the USB, presed the knob while inserting the power cable and releesed it when I got a green light. I get a green light for 5 seconds and after it blinks purple. I even bought a new disk (WD 3TB RED), before I had a WD 1.5TB BLACK. Still it doesn't work. I also formated the USB as FAT and FAT32 but nothing seems to work. I am very disapointed about this product. I had high expectations. Looks like a waste of money.

Someone can explain me how to get this work? I bought this because I red it was so easy to use that even a child could make this work.

Is there a way I could get a refund from Ibood?
Maybe diskpart in dos can help you clean the disk if you got a usb-hdd cabinet or a stationary pc.
I had to do this to get a disk to work for a free bsd system.
flimflam

Post by flimflam »

Did you already checked this .. post: http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f ... isc#p23584

I had problem with supporting 3 TB disc, than it worked like charm!

1) Install latest firmware 2.4...
2) Update
3) Install new bootloader ( supporting 3 TB discs )
4) Use the device

Hm?
petetoo

Post by petetoo »

WTF - the manual says nothign about USB installation. Did ibood sell a bunch of shelfware that no one can get running? Too bad I didnßt get around to installign within two weeks for easy return, then again excito looked like a decent company...
johannes

Post by johannes »

Please explain your issue and don't flame anything up here, we are here to help if you are having difficulties!
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
pbertra

Post by pbertra »

I also bought a unit from ibood. It's true that getting it working is not trivial.

As the unit is recent, I thought that the latest firmware was already installed, but it was not the case. I had to upgrade it to get my WD Red 3TB working.

I also had to try several USB stick because some were not recognized. In the end an old 512MB stick worked fine...

After firmware upgrade ans installation of the rescue image, everything was fine.

Be careful with WD Red disks however! It seems that the latest units have the head parking re-enabled by default with an 8s timeout!
GodfatherB

Post by GodfatherB »

Be careful with WD Red disks however! It seems that the latest units have the head parking re-enabled by default with an 8s timeout!
Really? How can I check this in my unit (I recently install WD RED 4TB).
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

GodfatherB wrote:
Really? How can I check this in my unit (I recently install WD RED 4TB).
It's a lengthy thread, but everything you need should be here:http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f ... isks#p6985

If you want to skip the history then the last few pages are the best place to start.
GodfatherB

Post by GodfatherB »

OK, I checked... the LCC is 19, in roughly 1 month span in which I turned on turned off the B3 multiple times (due to some configuration stuf)... so all is fine.