New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Excito B3 brand and remaining B3 stock purchased !

Announcements from Excito
Ubi

Re: Excito B3 brand and remaining B3 stock purchased !

Post by Ubi »

There's still the feature request poll:
http://forum.mybubba.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3959
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

I didn't even know this existed.
Maybe a crowdfunding campaign can amass the necessary capital to fund the development of the B4.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

You guys should really set up some kind of distributor network, because those shipping costs are really going to kill you. At 45 (Canadian?) dollar shipping costs, plus 21% tax, plus 12,50 euro service charge for telling that you need to pay that tax, you'll pretty much need to hand out those B3's for free to be anywhere near competitive.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

you also pay tax on the shipping cost!
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Correct.

The rules are a bit hazy however, because you may subtract the shipping costs if the value of the package stays within the tax-free limit of 22 euro and there will be no charge then.
Eek

Post by Eek »

That is too bad,
because I would like to order some B3 myself...
cheers
Eek
johannes

Post by johannes »

excitostore.com works as usual!

[Edit:] Or, sorry, didn't read the preceeding posts properly. I will poke Rodeus about this, I think they are having shipping issues.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

i think I fixed that. plz try again
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

The vat you paid to rodeus is because of canadian law, not uk law. However, as you ordered this unit as a business, im very surprised to need to pay vat. When I deliver to canada i dont need to charge vat, so i expect it to be the same the other way around.
johannes

Post by johannes »

leovermeulen wrote: You 'think they are having shipping issues'? After confirming that my B3 left Canada on 9th February? And they didn't tell me this? Or bother replying to messages on this forum? Excuse me, but I think you made a very bad choice selling your stock to Rodeus.
You are right, that was a sloppy remark. I agree, this is really bad and does not make sense. I sent an email to Mouette about this but he is just a middle-man, he in turn keeps poking Rodeus to handle this better. I had high hopes for a continued business in good Excito-style, but it seems that was optimistic.

@Rodeus, I think a statement is in place now. I have spoken to a lot of old Excito customers who are withholding orders waiting for this mess to clear up.
johannes

Post by johannes »

But again this delay of the postal system is totally out of our scope of control.
I'm sorry @Rodeus, but that's not true. To show good faith you should have sent a replacement unit long ago, and asked for the original one back, either by the postal service directly or from the customer. This is what we always did at Excito once shipment time passed 3-4 days over originally promised date. Original unit came back most of the times (except from France occasionally, apparently they have a serious problem with thievish postal workers.). Unit back, postal service refunds all shipments with delays, customer is happy, so it's a win-win-win to do that.

And it's never too late, if postal tracking isn't showing progress, send a new one, immediately. Preferrably with expedited shipping. This thread is costing you way more, and remember it will keep costing you money for all future.
johannes

Post by johannes »

@Rodeus, thanks for the clarification and apologies if I was a bit harsh, it was partly to provoke a response from you, which worked. :)

It sounds as the main issue is that you (or your customers) have selected a too cheap shipping service, I hope you find better options in the future, then all should be fine.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

leovermeulen wrote:His just turned up at his door, without further charges, whereas I was charged £12.68 in VAT plus £8 handling charges. Strange that importing into the EU would incur a charge in one country and not in another.
It would be if it were true. In reality shipping companies don't monitor every package they handle and as a result you can be lucky not having to pay any customs fees (and handling charge, which is the part that really annoys me), or unlucky that your package was picked out.
beaufils

Post by beaufils »

Can anyone give us a status of all that.

Is this still possible to buy some b3 boxes ?

If yes, how can we do that and in which conditions (from where, with or without disks, at what price, etc.) ?

Thank's in advance for any informations.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

B3's are currently manufactured again and can be bought on excitostore.com

A puzzling element remains in that prices are listed in Euro, rather than Canadian Dollar which is where the company currently resides. The annoying part is that shipping from Canada is ridiculously expensive and that you are bound to paying Canadian VAT while your shipment is very likely to be VAT-ed again in your own country (including paying VAT over the already paid Canadian VAT).

Assuming pricing in Euro is correct, if you are a European resident you're likely to pay some € 195 in total for a B3 without disk and no wifi. You may drop this down to about € 160 if you're willing to wait two to three months for the shipment to arrive.