New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 still available for purchase

Announcements from Excito
johannes

B3 still available for purchase

Post by johannes »

Hi all, just a friendly notice, I found that some of the remaining stock is for sale here:

http://diatron.tictail.com/

with bubbalove :)
//Johannes
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Tweety

Re: B3 still available for purchase

Post by Tweety »

I can vouch for that working well... I have just taken delivery of my second and third brand new B3 from them, and have them up and running, the second replacing my B2 that was starting to strain under its current workload, and the third one as my spare unit and test bed for things that shouldn't take down all my network when I stuff it up...

I wasn't going to buy more toys, but at that price, I just couldn't pass it up..
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

May be.

The problem with that company is that for every country you select for shipping address the website tells you they don't ship to that country. Except for one...

But I suppose if one could use some reliable intermediate, shipping the product twice within Europe would still be fairly cheaper than the absolutely ridiculous shipping costs from Canada.
Puma

Post by Puma »

Gordon,

Just received my order from the company.
Online I could not order to the netherlands.
But if you contact the company they will arrange this.
I got 2x b3 and 2x S1 delivered in 2 days for 250 SEK - about 25 euro transport with UPS.

Puma
Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!
Puma

Post by Puma »

Remark: please replace button cell lr44 and clean contacts...
previously purchased b3 might have an lr44 replacement as wel :D
Even better change it for a Silver-oxide (SR44)
Puma
Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Gordon wrote:May be.

The problem with that company is that for every country you select for shipping address the website tells you they don't ship to that country. Except for one...

But I suppose if one could use some reliable intermediate, shipping the product twice within Europe would still be fairly cheaper than the absolutely ridiculous shipping costs from Canada.
Well, I didn't' realize that, as I sort of opted out of shipping altogether and just picked up locally...

I'm not sure if I'm considered reliable, and it seems there is a better option... But otherwise I'm more than willing to pick one or two up and ship to someone...
beatgr

Post by beatgr »

Rodeus (Montreal, Quebec, Canada), for North American clients, now lists the Excito B3 (without disk) for $85.00
http://excitostore.com

greg
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

beatgr wrote:Rodeus (Montreal, Quebec, Canada), for North American clients, now lists the Excito B3 (without disk) for $85.00
http://excitostore.com

greg
With shipping to Europe, thats 109 Canadian dollars which equates to ~74€, while if you go by the shipping quoted above, the same price is 50€ (25€ + 25€ shipping)... And UPS isn't the chapest option, so you could skimp more... Just saying...
beatgr

Post by beatgr »

Tweety -

When I received my Bubba and Bubba|2 ...
BOTH times my Excito products were "held hostage" at NYC customs (Kennedy) demanding $$
Goodfellas still exists ... BTW. Excito claimed ignorance (we handed it to Swedish Post).
The first time, they let it pass after sitting in NYC for 2 weeks.
The second time, they didn't, demanding $25 for release.

It's easier for me to order from China.

gb
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Obviously one can't be held accountable for what customs do. If they say you need to pay taxes or other duties, you'll need to pay or they'll return it. The annoying bit it is that it is usually not customs themselves doing this, but your local shipping company. Who then claim an administration fee on top.

So how does that work out? If I order from Rodeus I pay about €80 for the B3, plus and additional €74 shipping, plus 21% tax over the total amount of €154, plus an administration fee of €15, making the total unit price more than €200 with Rodeus only receiving 40% of that amount. Did someone mention goodfellas?
beatgr

Post by beatgr »

I sent Diatron an e-mail with a Query about shipping to North America.

I have never had an issue with DHL (their O'Hare Air Cargo facility is less than 10 km from my house).

greg
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

beatgr wrote:Tweety -

When I received my Bubba and Bubba|2 ...
BOTH times my Excito products were "held hostage" at NYC customs (Kennedy) demanding $$
Goodfellas still exists ... BTW. Excito claimed ignorance (we handed it to Swedish Post).
The first time, they let it pass after sitting in NYC for 2 weeks.
The second time, they didn't, demanding $25 for release.

It's easier for me to order from China.

gb
Well... It usually works the same way for me ordering from the US, so what's your issue? Countries want taxes, it's the countries fault, not the company sending you the item...

Excito should claim ignorence, they shouldn't do anything but hand it to the shipping provider (obviously choosing the appropriorate one for price/time), and provide the applicable information... The rest is up to the shipper, and in your case DHL works better, but I doubt it's cheaper...

I guess it went through the Swedish post, and then got handed over to the US equivalent... That usually takes more time than a single shipper, and there are the very likely possibility that they new shipper also wants a piece of the pie... Ie check the package for tax and whatever and slap on their little "handling fee"...

Usually, it's the same for me the other way, and teh same applies to chinese purchases if i choose the cheap shipping going through many hands... Pick DHL or whatever and its faster and less hassle, but most of the time they already factor in the taxes in the initial price...

Diatron will probably ship it to you using DHL if you want them too... But using DHL I can give you a 100% promise that you will pay taxes... So I doubt you'll escape the 25$...
beatgr

Post by beatgr »

Diatron has corresponded with me, and is currently investigating.
They will reply to my inquiry early next week. So we will see where that goes.
--
My issue with Excito, they handed to Swedish Post (and really did not ask for clarity -- what was happening).
I regularly purchase internationally, and at that time worked for a Swedish company -- so I was very aware "something was amiss" in the logistics.

gb