New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

I ordered a B3, but order status remains 'unfulfilled'

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
leovermeulen

I ordered a B3, but order status remains 'unfulfilled'

Post by leovermeulen »

Hi,

In the hope that anyone from Rodeus is reading this forum: I placed an order on 7 June 2017 for a B3, but the order status remains set to 'unfulfilled' and I have had no further communications from Rodeus, not even after emailing support.

Can you please let me know when the order will be shipped? According to your shop site it will take 4 to 6 weeks anyway, which is a long time, so the sooner the order is shipped, the better.

Thanks,

Leo
MouettE
Site admin

Re: I ordered a B3, but order status remains 'unfulfilled'

Post by MouettE »

Hello leo,

I have contacted them and I know that they have a couple a shipment to send this week, probably including yours.
leovermeulen

Post by leovermeulen »

Hi, could you please contact them again to verify the B3 was shipped? I have had no communication since I placed the order.

Thanks,

Leo
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

leovermeulen wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 11:36 Hi, could you please contact them again to verify the B3 was shipped? I have had no communication since I placed the order.
Of course I'll let you know.
leovermeulen

Post by leovermeulen »

Hi, any news on my order? After nearly a month the order status on the shop site is still 'unfulfilled'. I have had no communications from anyone. This is most unsatisfactory and almost like they don't want to sell anything.

If I don't hear soon one way or the other, I will have to consider contacting PayPal to complain and have my money refunded, but I'd rather get my B3.

Anyone, if you can, please help.

Thanks,

Leo
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

Hello Leo,

I'm very sorry to hear that :x I will make a call today and try to sort it out.
leovermeulen

Post by leovermeulen »

4 days later ... still waiting for a sign of life ...

I wish somebody more responsible and capable had taken over from Excito when they decided to call it a day. Biggest mistake Excito ever made :-(

Leo
leovermeulen

Post by leovermeulen »

Here's an update on my order of a B3. Right after my previous post on the forum the order status changed to 'fulfilled', but it is now the end of August, 7 weeks after my last posting and more than 2 months after I placed the order. So far there has been no communication from the company, only an indirect message via MouettE

Even if someone had to swim across the Atlantic with a B3 strapped on their head they would have made it to the UK by now. I will wait one more week after which I will request my money back from PayPal.

Any company that is this bad in communicating with its customers and so late shipping goods should be banned from trading. This is an absolute disgrace!

For anybody considering to buy from these people I would advise to think again.

Leo
howellpm

Post by howellpm »

Other than curiosity, what encouraged you to buy a B3 in 2017?
The operating system is arcane and unsupported.The storage level is obscure - you will need Linux access in the event of B3 failure and from experience that is a racing certainty.
I persist with my B3 because .. I am perverse. lol 8)
leovermeulen

Post by leovermeulen »

Hi howellpm,

Three reasons:
1. I have one already, which has been functioning very well for many years as my media server and also as a firewall for my home network. This one developed an issue with both its LAN ports. They just stopped working. Rather than building an entirely new system they easiest solution for me would have been to just replace the motherboard. Of course, having already waited since the beginning of June this is becoming an unfeasible option.
2. Related to 1. It's the only ARM board I have found with 2 LAN ports so that it _can_ be used as a firewall.
3. It was cheap.

If you or anyone has any suggestions for other low-power boards that run Linux and have 2 LAN ports then please let me know so I can dump the B3.

If anyone has any suggestions how to force the villains at Rodeus to deliver a B3 to me, then please let me know. For the record: I have had no, none whatsoever, communications from them since they took my money, and the 6 week delivery period is long past... more like 16 weeks at the moment.

Leo
sakaki

Post by sakaki »

leovermeulen wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 12:05 If you or anyone has any suggestions for other low-power boards that run Linux and have 2 LAN ports then please let me know so I can dump the B3.
Something like the Utilite perhaps?
This is a Cortex-A9 based fanless system that can run Linux or Android, has WiFi etc. The dual-Ethernet port variant is $199. No built-in SATA though if that is important to you (you'd have to use a USB-based adaptor; alternatively, the more expensive pro version does include mSATA).

Or, there's the GnuBee, which is a fully-FLOSS Linux NAS with dual-Ethernet, $168 assembled + $19 PSU:
Can run Debian, openmediavault etc., but it isn't ARM based (it's MIPS), and has no WiFi (but you could add a USB adaptor for that).

Or what I do, is to use an RPi3 (which can of course run various versions of Linux, including 64-bit Gentoo ^-^) in a metal enclosure, with an additional USB-to-Ethernet adaptor (these are widely available and cheap). Total BOM <$100. Obviously, given the restrictions of the USB2 interface etc. this isn't the fastest Ethernet setup (and adding a USB SATA adaptor will only impact that further), but as a domestic internet firewall and VPN gateway, it works fine.

Best, sakaki
stasheck

Post by stasheck »

I can say for myself, but the reason is that nothing else is similarly compact, has combination of fast SATA (RPi doesn't have it), 2 ethernet ports (because firewall), USB ports (because extensibility) and metal enclosure (because fanless operation). Solid looks are a plus (as compared to GnuBee, for example).

I started with 1 device in 2014, bought another 3 later that year, and another 2 (with Wifi) in 2015, during sale. My main gripe is I cannot find cheap S1 enclosure, but due to my backup schema RAID is not must-have for me.

Of what I bought: 1 device works as my firewall, 2 were sold to companies I help (1 replaced P4-based NAS - imagine how much they save now on electricity - the other works as remote backup sink), 1 was sold to a friend of mine, 1 works as firewall for my parents (doubling duty as remote backup destination), 1 I keep as spare.
leovermeulen

Post by leovermeulen »

To finish the ongoing story about my order for a B3 from Rodeus: they never responded to any of my direct communications, so last week I sent them a message through PayPal and after not having received any reply (surprise!) I raised it to a claim via Paypal. On 29/9 my money was refunded, but I cannot tell whether that was Paypal refunding it or Rodeus. In any case... I'm done with them and I would advise anybody not to have anything to do with Rodeus, ever. I have now ordered an A20-OLinuXIno-LIME2 by Olimex, which, fingers crossed, is making its way to the UK from Bulgaria. I will add a USB network port as the second, internet port to complete the firewall hardware configuration. It will be fast enough for my ADSL modem.

Thanks to sakaki for his suggestions.

Regards, Leo
Rodeus

Post by Rodeus »

Hi Leo,

Sorry for this late response. We have sent your Excito B3 8 weeks ago in economic shipping method (because that what you have chosen). We aknowledged the refund from paypal even if we sent out the product. So you will have your excito B3 for almost nothing, merry Xmas. 8)

Regards,

Rodeus team