New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

New firmware update 0.52.1

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
tor

New firmware update 0.52.1

Post by tor »

Release notes for Bubba 0.52.1
==============================

This is a minor upgrade.

How to upgrade
--------------
Make sure you don't have any activities running such as uploads, downloads, print jobs etc. Then log in as admin in web-ui. Chose "settings" menu entry. Select the tab named "Maintenance", the tabs are only present in newer versions of the firmware. On this tab, or the settings page if you have the old version of the web-admin ui, press the "Update" button located in the "Update software" field. After a while it should say "done" and the upgrade should be complete. In rare ocations, the web-ui can hang when doing an upgrade. In these cases the easiest solution is to use the shutdown/power button to restart the unit.

Warning, if you have modified your apt sources the web-admin ui should not be used for upgrades.

Major changes and new features
------------------------------
* Support for authenticated smtp when sending email.
- The Web-ui has been updated with settings for authenticated smtp and relevant updates to Postfix where done.

Updates and minor changes
-------------------------
* Mediatomb, the UPNP server, is updated to version 0.10.0 which should give some better PS3 support among other things.
* Download manager. Fixes for files that where left with wrong permissions.
* Web-ui, the title now contains the hostname of the unit making it more easy to locate.
eeeuser1

Re: New firmware update 0.52.1

Post by eeeuser1 »

tor wrote:Release notes for Bubba 0.52.1
* Mediatomb, the UPNP server, is updated to version 0.10.0 which should give some better PS3 support among other things.
Great,
would this include playlists?

Jeff
Boy

Re: New firmware update 0.52.1

Post by Boy »

tor wrote:Release notes for Bubba 0.52.1
* Download manager. Fixes for files that where left with wrong permissions.
Great, I waited for the update eagerly.
I tried to delete my canceled downloads, but it doesn´t work. Do I need to restart the bubba ? Or does the update only affect canceled downloads after this update ?

Regards
Boy
tor

Post by tor »

Regarding the permissions problem. Unfortunately it does not fix existing files that have wrong permissions :( If there is a need for a howto on fixing this. Let us know.

Regarding playlists. Mediatomb 0.10 should fix this. This is however untested by us. But if i understand correctly it should expand "pls" files etc to virtual directories.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Boy

Post by Boy »

tor wrote:Regarding the permissions problem. Unfortunately it does not fix existing files that have wrong permissions :( If there is a need for a howto on fixing this. Let us know.
/Tor
For me it would be interesting to have a HowTo on the permission problem.
But I am also thinking of setting up the bubba with a clean install after Bubba-Etch is finally released. Any new timeplan on this ? If it takes too long, a HowTo is a good idea. I don´t know about the other users having the permission problem ?

Boy
mountaindude

Post by mountaindude »

Awesome!

I've missed the authenticated SMTP for a long time, and have had to all sorts of nasty hacks to get around it. Looking forward to try it out!

-MD
marcel23

Playlists

Post by marcel23 »

Anybody got an idea how to get playlists visible in mediatomb ? I see that an update of mediatomb took place (which can support playlists)..
Clive

Post by Clive »

Another positive comment on this update is that for some reason, accessing my mail to my mobile phone via IMAP works everytime now ! Previosly it would fail 90% of time.

Not sure if something was changed or upgraded which might have effected this, either way I am very -> :D
mountaindude

Post by mountaindude »

Were there any changes made to the torrent engine (FTD)?
After upgrading to latest version from Excito, FTD crashes/dies when adding more than one torrent. Or sometimes even at the first torrent.
I've tried with various torrents to see if some of them were malformed, but the problem seems to be fairly general.

Anyone else seen this?

In the past it feels like FTD has been fairly sensitive to malformed torrents, dying if you added certain torrents (long file names seemed to be bad, as would file names with certain characters in them). Also, I can rarely add torrents from my XP or Vista machines through a Bubba share. Instead I get most stable results by copying the torrent to a Bubba temp directory, then SSH into Bubba and manually copying the torrent file into the Torrents directory. Very frustrating..
cwhommes

FTD instable with 0.52.1

Post by cwhommes »

After upgrading to 0.52.1 FTD is instable. A real pity because handling torrents became more stable with the introduction of 0.51.2. Which changes have been made to FTD with the upgrade from 0.51 to 0.52? Could anyone please look into this and post findings?
tor

Post by tor »

Hi,

Regarding ftd. The "only" thing different about it is that we added the fix for faulty permissions and we compiled it with increased optimization. Neither which should degrade stability. But one never knows.

And as said before. If you have a sure way to bork the downloader we would love to know how ;)

Regarding path length when using the web-ui. It is currently limited to 200 characters. It should however work to add the file via the torrent directory in these cases. mountaindude, have you tried using the web-ui upload to upload torrents to the torrent directory?

And i hope all of you have noticed Johans, 6feet5, lovely firefox plugin for managing downloads, http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?t=897 and his homepage http://thevoid.webhop.info/bubba/firefox/

/Tor
pelle

mediatomb + permissions

Post by pelle »

Yes please I need a howto on the "permissions".
Got several torrents in Download that I cannot delete.

Also, tried latest mediatomb and playlist support for PS3.
At first try, No such luck, playlist not supported
eeeuser1

Re: mediatomb + permissions

Post by eeeuser1 »

pelle wrote: Also, tried latest mediatomb and playlist support for PS3.
At first try, No such luck, playlist not supported
I've been trying this also,
I 'think' its because java or javascript is used to parse and add the playlist and I dont think bubba has this.

Can anyone confirm as thats as far as I understand.

Jeff
Eek

Post by Eek »

hi,

I got the playlists to work by accident.
I had some old m3u files in my music directory.
they were very basic, simple textfile with the names of files.
I had stopped Mediatomb and deleted the database and started mediatomb again.
and later looked in the log file and found:
2008-02-23 09:57:45 JS: Processing playlist: /var/samba/public/music/L/Los Fronterizos/Misa Criolla Misa Flamenca/Misa Criolla Misa Flamenca.m3u
2008-02-23 10:26:27 JS: Processing playlist: /var/samba/public/music/H/Hans Teeuwen/Met een breierdeck/Hans Teeuwen - Met een breierdeck.m3u
I have a Freecom Musicpal and it now shows the playlists.

greetz
Eek
tor

Post by tor »

Regarding playlists,

Eek is right it should work. We have tested it with m3u lists, pls lists should work as well, and they will be expanded in the "Upnp-filesystem" in the folder Playlists in the root. (Ie Audio,PC Directory, Photos, Playlists, Video)

So simply place a correctly formatted m3u list anywhere in the storage/{music,pictures,video} with relative paths to the content. And on the next rescan it should be available in the Playlists folder. (If you don't want to wait for it, stop and start upnp in the Web UI under Services.)

Things that might be problems here. Is things like incorrect relative paths. Wrong pathdelimiter, it most likely has to be unix /-slashes instead of windows \-slashes between directories in the playlist (This is not however verified) Wrong charset, it might be problems if the playlist content is not writtwen in the same characterset as the file/path names in the filesystem.

/Tor [/list]