New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

File sharing over the internet

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
mark

File sharing over the internet

Post by mark »

Hi
I am trying to share the files on my bubba over the internet. For that, I have created an account on bubba with ssh login. On my (windows) client, I have installed MyEntunnel and want to make a ssh connection over a "Loopback connector" as described in http://www.security-hacks.com/2007/05/1 ... le-sharing
Making the connection using the correct account, is no problem, but when I try to reach my files, it gives the error "... no logon servers available ..."

Any ideas what might be the problem?
mark

Post by mark »

The exact error is : "10.0.0.1 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

The first part of this error message doesn't seem to be meaningful: I have permission and I am using the correct password (did several attempts). The second part is less clear: what is meant by a "logon server"?
mark

Post by mark »

OK, big step forward. I am now at home and this time (as opposed to my last post), I can reach my files without any problem. The only thing I did was disactivating "File and printer sharing for Microsoft networks". How very intuitive: now I can share my files ;-)
Maybe anyone knows why everything works now?
Tomorrow I will try this outside my network (when at work)
mark

Post by mark »

Everything OK. I am now at work (so outside my home network), and can use Windows Explorer to view my shares on my bubba at home.